Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Update on my son

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 22 Replies

Ok, so it's been 12 days since he's done his laundry.  I know for a fact he only has 5 pair of pants suitable for school, 8 pairs of underwear and socks.  He's wearing dirty clothes for a while now.  He has yet to do his laundry.

Tonight, he decided to not only skip his shower, but didn't brush his teeth or eat supper. 

Haven't heard from him in 4 days.  Hasn't spoken to anyone in the family with the exception of 2 nights ago when I asked him when he was going to start doing for himself and he said "soon". 

So I guess he's just going to be stinky and hungry now?

ETA:
Apparently I'm the only one he's not speaking to now.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSnaps
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM

OH! I feel for your!!! We went through this with our now 21 year old. HOPEFULLY he'll eventually start getting pressured at school and he'll clean up... I hope! Mine took years to get it together and it's still questionable at 21...

EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel your pain. My DS surfaces but I've been smelling him before he even gets within visual range. UGH! I'm hoping he caves before the weekend. Because if he doesn't he will get the firehose.

tyfry7496
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Stubborn kid!! When he gets picked on at school for stinking, he will change his mind. Hopefully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Hopefully the kids at school will make fun of him and then he will change for the better.  I know that sounds cruel but sometimes they need to hit bottom to get better.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Problem is, last time he was so far in trouble we took away all but a set of clothes and he washed and wore that set of clothes every day for 2 weeks and no one even NOTICED!  I was like seriously?  If I wore the same thing twice in a week I got made fun of.

MamaSnaps
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:53 AM

OH MY GOD!!! You are reliving my life! LOL! We did the same thing! We allowed him 2 sets of clothing. One had to be washed with he wore the other!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:12 AM

It didn't work before, no peer pressure, no one even noticed.  Sooo we didn't even bother this time.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

OH MY GOD!!! You are reliving my life! LOL! We did the same thing! We allowed him 2 sets of clothing. One had to be washed with he wore the other!

PurpleHazey
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM

EWWWWW! He is depressed!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:57 AM

How do you get him help then?  He refuses mental health on all levels.  I've tried guidance counselors, resourse officers, priests, nothing.

Quoting PurpleHazey:

EWWWWW! He is depressed!

PurpleHazey
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Quoting fantasticfour:

How do you get him help then?  He refuses mental health on all levels.  I've tried guidance counselors, resourse officers, priests, nothing.

Quoting PurpleHazey:

EWWWWW! He is depressed!

Ask him what is bothering him, just maybe this is his way of finding himself. Teens are funny about a lot of things like he could like a girl who isn't interested in him

or he is just not were he wants to be, look back at when you were a teen and think about what you were afraid of and how you dealt with it. Just being a main supporter maybe all he needs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN