Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friends kid got hit by a car

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 2 Replies

So my friend and her 2 kids have been living with us since August.  My friend left for colorado to pick up her parents and drive them back here.  We are watching her kids while she is gone.

Her daughter who is almost 16 goes to a friends house and they were double heading on a bike (no helmets of course)  and got hit by a car.  Both the girls are ok, cuts, bruises etc...no major injuries thank goodness. Although her friend hit the windshield.  My friends daughter was over there because evidently the girl tried to OD on ibuprofen.  Which I didn't find out until after she had been gone for 2 hours.  

Evidently it was a hit and run.  So according to FHP the call was put in at 4:15 and arrived on scene at 4:27 and the daughter just now calls me to tell me 3 hours later???  It took 3 hours for them to take their statement and check them over before she called me???  The girls refused to go to the hospital without talking to her mom or me>????  WTF!!!! 

3 more days....I keep saying that to myself....just 3 more days. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MamaSnaps
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

OH Lord! Yeah... kids don't always make the smartest decisions on things like that... I feel for you!!! It seems whenever we go away and leave someone (pet or kid) something insane happens and I end up feeling horrible for the people who are sitting with them!

luckysevenwow
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Thankfully they are okay, and that's what should be focused on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)