Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

13 yr old DD and privacy/room

Posted by   + Show Post

ok, we've all been this age, tho these days 13 is the new 16 it seems. What are your views on going into thier rooms? I go in there, to search for things of mine she borrows and soemtimes I tidy a bit, clearing out the empty bottles for recycling, opening her window on nice days,leaving mail or little things I ight get her at the store....in my eyes, I have the right to go in there..it IS my house and she is still 13.  she got irked at me yesterday for going in there and "moving her stuff" (I moved the stuff on the bed cuz the dog came in and jumped up on the bed so I moved it to the side). I had also hung up in my hallway a cool piece of artwork she had on her bed, which she adamantly took down because "she didnt like it"...(wth? she never used to mind that before!)

Any advice? input?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (41-43):
Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Until my boys pay rent I'm going to go into his room. 

elites2012
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:52 AM

i would add 2 more years to that.  then when she is off to college, she is own her own.

BelleVernonGirl
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:47 AM

I don't believe in touching my kids stuff...They don't care if I go in their room...None of us have any secrets from each other...But my mother could not stay out of my stuff to save her life and it drove me INSAINE!!!  So I won't do it to mine...they do their own cleaning and laundry...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)