Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

NOT ALLOWED to carry a purse in school, WTH!?!?!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I am kinda PO'D!! My daughter is 13 !/2 years old, she started her period last year and she thought it would be a good idea to carry a purse during the day to put all of her essential things in like her feminine products, her inhaler, lunch money ect. WELL, The teachers yelled at her to go put the purse in her locker NOW, You can NOT carry that with you!! I think this is wrong and I want to call the school and *B* them out but I'm not sure if I should, it just really doesn't seem fair!!! What do you ladies think??? Give me some advice~Please!

P.S. This happend the other day and she has been carrying her inhaler & money in her pockets but now with feminine items, it's just too much to stuff in her pockets~

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Replies (31-32):
mamabear0791
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM

The school that my dd went to had that rule until the 6th grade. Teachers began allowing it then for just the reason you mentioned. The students are still not allowed to carry meds unless they have filled out specific forms, doctors have filled out the forms and principal has okayed it. No backpacks are allowed beyond lockers either.

Acalhoun
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM

It's unfortunate that today's world is so messed up that schools feel they have to ban purses, backpacks, and even hoodies (in some scools) in order to prevent drugs, guns, or other contraband from being carried through the school.

I keep telling my girls how they have no rights these days.  When I was a kid in school, EVERY girl had a purse!  In high school, you could count on a girl with a purse having Advil or Tylenol if you needed it.  Now, you can't be caught even with that!  

It is a sad sad world today.  Where the schools and other institutions have to enforce such restricting rules - because parenting has gone down the drain and kids just don't have the respect or the moral smarts that they once did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)