Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

a hole much?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 21 Replies

Ok... granted, I have had a glass (or three) of wine, and am in a pissy mood... but tell me if this sounds snarky to you.

kids just started a new term wednesday.  first email from new teacher.  Math...

Dear parent...

Please keep in mind that these email contacts are to keep you in the "loop"... I am not expecting any parent to understand the content of my class material. ... if you feel that anyone else could help your student by reading one of these emails please feel free to forward them.  

blah blah blah

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Seriously?  Dear parent, you're stupid, I know it, thanks for being a bump on a log, so if you know someone who can stop drooling for a moment to try and understand things, please ask them.

proudmother5946
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Okaaay! The first time my daughter started talking about "whisker plots" my eyes glazed over. I'm still trying go figure out one of my sins math problems from 3rd grade. He's 28 now.
Maybe the teacher didn't realize how asinine he sounded in the email. Or then again maybe he's just a overeducated moron with no social skills.
Kim042269
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM

It IS snarky, but I'd give teacher the benefit of the doubt and assume it wasn't intentionally so. I am betting a lot of her students' parents have long forgotten math (like me) and he/she is just trying to deal with it directly.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Lol, my dh helped our girls in math through hs. My dh was salutatorian of his class. Dh would be pissed at that email. Now, I am a different story. After 6th grade I could not help with math.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I find that just a bit insulting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM

School sure has changed hasn't it!

PurpleHazey
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Quoting fantasticfour:

Seriously?  Dear parent, you're stupid, I know it, thanks for being a bump on a log, so if you know someone who can stop drooling for a moment to try and understand things, please ask them.

That about sums that up!

HopesNDreams
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I view it as a teacher that has tried to keep parents informed about his class for years. In that time, he has received hundreds of emails asking him to explain the work to the parents because they don't understand it. This is is way of being clear that he is letting you know that your child has the assignment to do. You are not required to teach it to your child - he will do that - but if you want to keep up on progress, you have all the info you need.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
This made me LOL. But I agree that's about what his message amounted to.

Quoting fantasticfour:

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Send one back and tell him if he needs help understanding it he can show it to a friend that might be able to better understand it. 

LOL that is probably what I would do but I don't like the holier than me attitude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)