Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Four teens and constant headache

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

I know this is not a medical problem, but maybe some of you more experienced moms can help me. My 4 kids are constatnly bickering. My kids are all adopted and we are now fostering a 14 year old girl. My 21 year old son just moved back into our home from Las Vegas and both he and the 14 year old girl seem to argue a lot. These kids are giving me a headache every weekend. I know this is an adjustment period, but I don't know how much more I can take. How do you guys handle the arguing?

3MOM627

have a nice day

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM

You are awesome!!! I wish I could give you advice but I only have one kid so I don't know. But I want you to know that you are an angel sent from heaven for these kids!! Thank you!!!

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Your 21 year old is an ADULT! I was married with a child at that age, three is zero excuse and no way I would put up with it I'm sorry. I would start by eliminating the problem with the 21 year old by saying act your age or buh bye! Next, talk with the other kids and explain very specifically what constitutes arguing and what consequence will happen if they continue. They will test you on this FOLLOW THROUGH...I know from arguing kids experience. You do not deserve to live in a stressful environment, your home should be your refuge. After a few days of cracking down and no arguing reminders things will get MUCH better, good luck. Remember you deserve it !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:14 AM

THIS

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Your 21 year old is an ADULT! I was married with a child at that age, three is zero excuse and no way I would put up with it I'm sorry. I would start by eliminating the problem with the 21 year old by saying act your age or buh bye! Next, talk with the other kids and explain very specifically what constitutes arguing and what consequence will happen if they continue. They will test you on this FOLLOW THROUGH...I know from arguing kids experience. You do not deserve to live in a stressful environment, your home should be your refuge. After a few days of cracking down and no arguing reminders things will get MUCH better, good luck. Remember you deserve it !

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I don't.  I'm thankful that, but the time #4 is a teen, #'s 1&2 will (probably) be out of the house {or at least have lives of their own}.

When my kids bicker, I either separate them or make them sort it out kindly (and quietly). :-)

(((hugs)))

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM

This is the main reason I insist my 3 kids have their own rms- I sent them to their separate "corners" when they go at it too much.

MJP76
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM

My kids don't argue. My daughter (almost 16) will raise her voice at her brother (10) occasionally. 

I just look at her and say "have you lost your mind? That's pretty much the end of that. 

There is only one person in this household that raises their voice.. That's me. Period. It's very very rare, that my husband does. Our kids are typically well behaved...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)