Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What is this?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 9 Replies

Can someone tell me what is snap-chat?  A friend of my dd's has asked her if she has it.  Is it something you have to have a iphone to be able to use it? Does it cost per month? 

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sunflowers12
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Look to me as if its a app for iPhone there are free versions similar to texting...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I googled it as I've never heard of it.  It seems to be some sort of APP for an IPhone or android phone.  Don't know anymore than that

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I'm guessing its a video chat app. Like skype and face time. If so, it should be free.

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM

oops! I was wrong. Google shows it as a picture app. You take a snapshot and send it to a friend. The sender outs a timer on the message. When the recepient opens the meesage they can view it for that amount of time before it erases. Kinda like a game. And it is free if you have unlimited texting. I'm not sure if it uses data.

Quoting LuckyMom822:

I'm guessing its a video chat app. Like skype and face time. If so, it should be free.

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM

http://www.empowernetwork.com/mdunn/what-is-snap-chat-app-possible-sexting-tool-for-teens-or-next-instagram-download-snapchat-on-android-and-ios/

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I heard about it on the news. Parents were concerned about the app because the information is deleted, and so you can't see what pictures they're sending each other. I don't think I would let my child have that app unless I trusted them not to send inappropriate pictures.

Quoting LuckyMom822:

oops! I was wrong. Google shows it as a picture app. You take a snapshot and send it to a friend. The sender outs a timer on the message. When the recepient opens the meesage they can view it for that amount of time before it erases. Kinda like a game. And it is free if you have unlimited texting. I'm not sure if it uses data.

Quoting LuckyMom822:

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:44 AM
It's a picture texting app, my kids have it and my DD put it on my Dh and my phones too. It's fun, just send pics back and forth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

It's a picture texting app, my kids have it and my DD put it on my Dh and my phones too. It's fun, just send pics back and forth.

This~ my husband has it on his iphone.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM

That would be my concern as well.

Quoting Barabell:

I heard about it on the news. Parents were concerned about the app because the information is deleted, and so you can't see what pictures they're sending each other. I don't think I would let my child have that app unless I trusted them not to send inappropriate pictures.

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)