Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

National Weatherperson's Day (2/5)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

NATIONAL WEATHERPERSON'S DAY IS FEBRUARY 5

February 5 is National Weatherperson's Day, commemorating the birth of John Jeffries in 1744. Jeffries, one of America's first weather observers, began taking daily weather observations in Boston in 1774 and he took the first balloon observation in 1784. This is a day to recognize the men and women who collectively provide Americans with the best weather, water, and climate forecasts and warning services of any nation.

Many of us take weather information for granted. Turn on a light switch, you get light. Turn on your television or radio, or check a web site and you get the weather forecast. It’s easy to forget that around the clock, dedicated meteorologists and weathercasters are vigilantly creating forecasts to help you plan your day, and issuing warnings to help keep you safe.

Who is your favorite weather person?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:23 AM

I don't have one.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Al Roker
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I don't have one.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I don't have one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM

two local retired guys.One was kind of a joker and was funny unless there was serious weather then he would be serious.The other was all business and had been head of some hurricane organization and had multiple degrees.He was very informative about all weather ...why ,what was causing it all sorts of stuff and he did well.Very interesting.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I like Al Roker and a local weather man named Joe Calhoun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)