Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Feeling Old?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM
  • 22 Replies

Do you feel old now that one of your little ones is now a teen?

One of my friends asked me this question the other day....I thought it was an odd question??

Does the age of your kids make you as a mom seem older or younger despite your age??

I told my friend ........yes I feel older am older and need a mom break...whats so wrong with that??....lol...

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I do now that mine are 19 and 21, AND I am 51.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I feel old, not because of my kids, just because I feel old.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:39 AM

In some ways, yes. I've been know to say, "I can't be the mom of a teenager- I can't be that old yet!" Then there are days when I feel ancient (even though I know I'm not!) : )

krise
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:58 AM

No I don't.

MansfieldMama
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:01 AM

No.  I don't feel old because of having a teen.  However, when my husband turned 50 last month, I paused for a moment and thought, "Wow, can I really be married to a 50 year old?!"  I'm so glad I'm married to him, though, so the moment passed quickly. :)

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM
When my oldest started high school last year, yes I felt old! It's more of a psychological feeling than a physical one though. Like, how did the time pass so quickly? And soon he'll be in college and an adult out on his own...I must be old if I have a child that old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VickyJoJo
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM
My daughter turns 13 next week. I turn 49 in a few months and still can't fathom that I have a teenager. I feel old phyiscially (having aches in my knees from horseback riding) but mentally, I feel young most days except when dealing with the teenage drama.
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM

When dealing with my teen girls, no I dont usually feel old.  Tired and frustrated somtimes lol but not really old.  Now when I go to my youngest class for a party or function that is totally different.  He is 6 and in Kindergarten.  He was my husband's and mine little "surprise."  I am currently 43 and most of his classmates Mom's are mid 20's to mid 30's.  I have been waiting for someone to ask him if I am his Mom or Grandmother.

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:28 PM

No my husband hates it when he is offered a senior discount I just laugh and say look how much I just saved LOL age is just a number.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I think I will feel old  in April when my oldest is no longer a teen.  Can't fathom that I will have a 20 yo soon.  I don't expect the feeling to last long though, it never does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN