Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Hae any of you ever dealt with this with your kids?  Last spring DS was in so much pain he was in a cast for 6 weeks.  Well, over the last week or so the pain has come back and the Alleve is not helping.  When I called the doc yesterday they said to put the cast back on for a couple weeks.  He also told me that since he just turned 14 we might have another 2 years of this to deal with until the bone fuse.  I know several people IRL that had their kids go through it once but never again have a flare up.  So, has anyone else had any repeats after the first diagnosis?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Replies (11-16):
PurpleHazey
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:55 PM

No I have never even heard of this, best of luck I hope he gets better soon.

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Yes my dd did. First time during softball season and again the following season. The sprints irritated it I guess. No problems since though.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Never hear of it.  It sounds alot like what my mom called growing pains.

aw119
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

My daughter had it when she was in 7th grade... First she wore a brace, then a boot, then a cast. The cast seemed to do the trick because then she really had to rest it. Afterwards it didn't hurt as much but she pulled a hamstring because she was overcompsenating for her foot. That took a long time to get better since she didn't truly stop running, etc. I would say by 10th grade she was back to 100%. She does have bad arches and wears insoles.

tyfry7496
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Much worse than growing pains. It's actually worse during growth spurts.

Quoting fantasticfour:

Never hear of it.  It sounds alot like what my mom called growing pains.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love_to_be_mom3
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM

There is a company called NxtMile that make a sport specific shoe insole to relieve the pain of Sever's Disease...check it out!  Affordable .... AND IT WORKS!!!!  https://nxtmile.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN