Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making Progress!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Made some progress with the son!  He actually CRACKED A SMILE!  I haven't seen that in MONTHS!  Of course I had to bloody him up a bit first.

Cut his hair (every thursday until he's ungrounded) and SOMEONE (hubby) dropped it and the side piece is broken and I didn't realize it when I was trimming up the back to look nice.  He squealed and I put it against my hand to figure out why it hurt and it bloodied me up!  He's got a couple of scratches on his neck, now I have to buy new clippers.  But when it was all said and done he smiled.

That sweet, charming smile I've missed for so long.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Great News!   Baby steps...

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM

: ) !!!

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Small steps! One event at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Awesome!!!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I told his father that he smiled at me.  He asked what I did to get him to smile and I said well, I had to bloody him up and then I hit him in the face.  The hit in the face was with his shirt, I was slapping it on him getting the majority of the hair off his back and shoulders and he's got this "mustache" and I slapped it there and said he needs a shower I couldn't get that hair off.

suesues
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:08 AM

confused your cutting his hair every week as a punishment?

ForeverLawst
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Quoting suesues:

ROFL.. that's just too funny. I didn't think of it that way originally... now I'm laughing hard.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM

One step at a time, isn't it funny what will get them to smile

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Yes and No.  His hair is a vanity of his, but he doesn't take care of it.  We've had problems where he had it so greasy that he got sores on his head and he didn't say anything.  We found out because he was bleeding.  Turned out he has some scarring now.  So we are keeping it cut every week until he can learn to take care of himself. 

He can get ungrounded by taking care of himself.  Take showers, brush teeth, clean his clothings, etc.    So yes, it is punishment because he won't take care of his hair. 

Quoting suesues:

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Yay!!! I'm very happy for you and for your son!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)