Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teenager who hits Mom

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

My best friend has 3 daughters, (12yrs, 13 yrs & 15 yrs) the 15 year old has started abusing her. She has thrown glasses of water at her. Cusses her and calls her names. Pulled her hair.

When it first started she talked to her and the daughter said she was angry because her Mom said she was going to divorce her Dad. (Dad was abusive to Mom) But Mom didnt divorce Dad. The daughter wanted the Dad out. She fought with Dad nearly every weekend. (Dad was truck driver)

Every time the daughter broke up with a boy everyone in the house bore the brunt. She threatened her little sisters. Cussed Mom. Pretty much made life a living hell for everyone. 

Mom is having to deal with Dad stalking her. Threatening text messages from him & his girlfriend. She called the cops on night and one came and talked to the daughter. She bragged that her Mom called the cops on her. The cop told her the next time he came he would take her in. 

Last week there were tornado warnings in their county and she took her girls to their Uncles for safety. When it was time to go home she woke her and said "We can go home now" and the daughter didnt want to go and started argueing. She told her mom she was "Nothing but a F-ing B***h" and grabed the Moms hair & wouldnt let go. She hit her daughters arm to make her let go but she wouldnt. The Uncle came in & pryed them apart. My friend is 98 lbs. her daughter is 120 lbs. This was the only time she struck lher daughter in defense. 

Now DCS took all her kids. WHAT was she suppose to do?! This wasnt the first time the daughter hit her & she hits her sisters. Was her MOM suppose to just take it? 

This is so frustrating. Ive raised 4 kids, if one of mine would have hit me or cussed me they would only do it once. 

What is she suppose to do?!?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM
4 moms liked this

If my dd hit me or cussed me, she would wake up on the floor. Then I would call child welfare FOR her. But thats MY kid. The child you're talking about has seen horrible things in her home. Her dad hitting her mom and maybe worse. She needs serious therapy and a visit to the jail wouldn't hurt either.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Wow.  Why did they take all the kids and where are they now?  Sounds like the daughter needs a major wake up call.  Maybe go live with dad for a while.

MommaMelin
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Dad confessed to DCS about drug abuse & stalking the mom. He actualy was out of it during the DCS interview. (seen the trans script) He would forget what he was saying mid sentence. They took all the girls because the oldest said the Mom hit her. They wernt concerned with the fact that the daughter hit the Mom. The daughter can turn on & off the charm. At times shes so sweet & funny butter couldnt melt in her mouth. Then if something happens at school she turns. In the daughters interview transcript she dosent even say anything about her Mom hitting her.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like the mom needs major assistance and help with parenting setting boundaries/discipline. Maybe it's a good thing DCS is involved she needed someone to step in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:07 AM

check with her dr sounds like something off

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Daughter needs a psych eval. CPS will figure it out. But if it was MY daughter, she'd never think of raising her hand to me by the time I got done with her. I'd call the cops and beat her ass. My son raised his hand to me once and he'll never do it again and I didn't strike back. Just my words and tone of voice fixed him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I'm having a hard time understanding why the children were taken from the home......because the Mom hit the daughter?   That seems off.   

bumNmoos_mom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:18 AM

I would set her straight and put her in juvi myself, driver her myself and sign her in myself.. That behavior will reflect onto the other kids and they will learn that it is ok to hit others. I am so surprised they took all the kids. They should of just taken the Problem child and put her in a group home temporarily. It is sad that there are kids out there suffering such hardship, abuse, sexual abuse, poverty and they do not go and save those kids. But take kids that are loved and cared for.. Really,  we can thank our wonderful goverment for such fucked up priorities!!

Bonita131
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:03 AM

Quoting MommaMelin:

Dad confessed to DCS about drug abuse & stalking the mom. He actualy was out of it during the DCS interview. (seen the trans script) He would forget what he was saying mid sentence. They took all the girls because the oldest said the Mom hit her. They wernt concerned with the fact that the daughter hit the Mom. The daughter can turn on & off the charm. At times shes so sweet & funny butter couldnt melt in her mouth. Then if something happens at school she turns. In the daughters interview transcript she dosent even say anything about her Mom hitting her.

I'm guessing this friend you're talking about is you. Either than or you've been told more personal information  than you should have been told.

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:13 AM

There is more to this story than you are telling.

They wouldn't take all the kids because of a fight between a teenager and the mom. There would be an extensive investigation before that happened UNLESS the family has a history with CPS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)