Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

2/8 Kite Flying Day

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM
  • 7 Replies

Do you live in a state where you could fly a kite today if you wanted to?

Kite Flying Day

When : Always February 8th

Today is Kite Flying Day, a great time to go fly a kite. People have enjoyed flying kites for thousands of years. Its an ever popular activity for children, and enjoyed by many adults.  

Ben Franklin was perhaps the most well known kite flyer. He flew a kite in a thunderstorm and discovered electricity. He got a charge out of  flying kites!

We are amazed that Kite Flying Day is held in the middle of winter. Chances are few people in the northern areas of the country will brave the snow and cold today to go outdoors and fly a kite.

Did you know? Kites were first used by the military in ancient China over 3,000 years ago.

If the weather is good in your area, we have one thing to say to you.... Go fly a Kite!

http://holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/February/kiteflyingday.htm

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:14 AM

I'm in PA. The weather would prevent kite flying today, lol. On a good day it would be really cold but could probably be done.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM

It's kind of windy today, maybe I will put my kite up.  Yes I have my own kite I take it with us whenever we go to the beach! :)

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

It's cloudy out today, not sure what the wind is like. I never have really gotten the hang of kite-flying.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I guess if you wanted to romp through all our new snow, lol. Probably not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM

No. I am in Maryland, February is to cold to fly kites.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I wasn't aware there were some states that prohibited it. I however am not going to fly a kite in a rainstorm.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Why would kite flying day be in February? It's way too cold here to find flying a kite enjoyable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)