Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

a puppy, a teen and underwear....vent

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
So, we have had a puppy for just over 2 months now...and as all pups do, she chews, she also has an infinity for panties...my sd17 has a double doored walk thru bedroom, and because it is winter keeping her door shut is not an option, since her room would be a million degrees, and the rest of the house would be very cold (like 65)..
The dog will go into her room and chew her panties, she refuses to put her dirty clothes in her hamper, leaving them on the floor...dh and I have told her repeatedly to put dirty clothing in the hamper, but she doesn't listen...so now since she doesn't get it, when she needs underwear, she's S.O.L.. idk, how many times we must remind her, (more than once a week), and were done telling a young woman that she needs to be picking up after herself...we are not her step n fetch servants....
Vent over, bash if you really feel the need..
*yes, when we see the pup chewing we discipline the dog...*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

when she runs out make her pay to replace them herself, maybe then she'll learn the value of picking up after herself.

nsparky1964
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, and until she gets a job, she can go commando

Quoting fammatthews4:

when she runs out make her pay to replace them herself, maybe then she'll learn the value of picking up after herself.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes, puppies and underwear, it's so gross but they do a love a good dirty pair lol

If she won't put them away, knowing that the pup can get to them, as puppies do, then when she runs out her ladies bits can just 'hang' in the wind. My girls figured it out when they were down to a few pairs. eventually I replaced them, which was on my time frame and they will tell you that my tine frame runs extra slow ;-)

lazyd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Not gunna bash.  You are right.  I would not replace my children's undies if they can't pick their stuff up.  They would be "owing" me by doing extra things and go on my schedule when i would replace them. 

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM
What about periods?

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Oh yes, puppies and underwear, it's so gross but they do a love a good dirty pair lol

If she won't put them away, knowing that the pup can get to them, as puppies do, then when she runs out her ladies bits can just 'hang' in the wind. My girls figured it out when they were down to a few pairs. eventually I replaced them, which was on my time frame and they will tell you that my tine frame runs extra slow ;-)

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

oh we had the same issue except our puppy was huge before the chew stage was over.My daughter came home from college spring break with a mountain of laundry in several cloth laundry bags.She put them in her room and bye bye many undies ,shorts ,bras .It was an expensive visit for me.She put the laundry bags where I told her to keep them till she started the laundry.She doesn't like to sleep with her door shut all the way so now my 22 y.o daughter has a baby gate on her door when she is home from school...LOL

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Oh even after this happened   in the springthat summer she kept her laundry in a cloth hamper outside her closet...she forgot...she helped replace some of her underwear with her money.She quit forgetting after it cost her.

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Eventually she'll just go commando I guess... I'm on your side. You CAN discipline a dog, yes , but so much easier if you can " retrain" the household to an extent.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

In my girls case they got down to a few and were very good after that. As for their periods....well I guess they would have to figure it out. 

Quoting GleekingOut:

What about periods?

Quoting luckysevenwow:

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this

LoL.     Many years ago, when I was a teen, my parents had a puppy with a panty fetish.    I kept my clothing put away, but my older sister wasn't so organized.    The puppy would go in her room, grab a pair of unwashed undies (he liked bra's, too) and run around the house shaking them in his little teeth.......usually with my screaming sister chasing him. lol.

One evening, some of our friends were over.  We were sitting around the table when the puppy came barreling down the stairs with a pair of lacy red panties.   My sister was so embarrassed!!!   Her boyfriend was the one who got them away from the pup, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)