Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Umbrella Day (2/10)

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

How many umbrellas do you own?

Umbrella Day

When : Always February 10th

Umbrella Day is in honor of one of the world's most invaluable inventions. On a rainy, day, we are sure glad that someone was smart enough to invent it. It's also increasingly popular to use umbrellas to shade ourselves from harmful UV radiation, and the heat of the sun.

Umbrellas come in all sorts of sizes, colors, shapes, and, designs. Businesses and organizations use them for advertising. The smallest umbrellas fit inside a purse or glove compartment. Golf umbrellas are popular sizes. Then, there are lawn and beach umbrellas. There's one (or two) made just for you.  

Celebrate Umbrella Day in a couple of ways. First, make sure your umbrella is handy. Second, use it, or walk around with it. If you don't have an umbrella, isn't it time to get one?

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/February/umbrelladay.htm

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM
I have no idea. Several.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I think we have 4 that work properly, and a couple that are broken in some way (I keep forgetting to throw them out).

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I think we have two.  Mine is getting used today, it's a rainy Monday here!

Msgme
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM

discovered this morning we have 1.  A month or so ago we had like 7.  But when the kids were leaving for school we discovered there was just 1 left.  lol.  they break them or loose them and then expect to have one when its raining  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)