Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My son

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

Help!!!  My son is so mean.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Msgme
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM

how is he  mean?

katiejon
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM

He tells me that I am a redneck, I am an idiot, and always tries to make deals with me when I ask him to do something.  No he does not hit me or anything he is very vocal and very smart.

katiejon
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM

With my first post I may have given you the wrong idea about my son. SORRY!!!  

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM

How old is he? I'm guessing 14 or 15.

sunflowers12
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I have three sons and this is one of the phases they seem to go through!! My middle son has been the worse at it however..

But after years of telling maim to not speak to me in that manner and tell him to bad about the what ever thing he is making a big deal about he most of the time does ok... But he is now 16 and has grown up quite a bit but he has his days still and I tell him off pretty fast😉

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire!! Give them a little dose of their own medicine !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CMLaurie
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Are you married to his Father? Divorced? Other children living with you? We would love to know more so we can help. :)

bizzeemom2717
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM
It sounds like he's not respecting you. I would sit him down, explain that it's not ok, I don't care how smart he is you are the parent, he needs to respect you and until he shows some respect take away privileges like his cell phone or video games.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

It sounds like he's not respecting you. I would sit him down, explain that it's not ok, I don't care how smart he is you are the parent, he needs to respect you and until he shows some respect take away privileges like his cell phone or video games.

This, and follow through with whatever punishment you outline. 

sahlady
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I think this is when dad needs to step in.  My husband would have set my son straight if that happened.  No one speaks rudely to the woman he loves.  I think it is good for a man to set his son straight in situations like this, it teaches him respect, and shows him how real men defend their woman's honor.  I know Im on the old fashioned side but I think this is best fixed by dad.

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Oh my ,mine have said I am being a mean mom sometimes...it's true sometimes LOL but if they were to call me names we would have a serious chat.Including dad.First does he like being called names ,doubt it. so why when he is angry is it ok to do to others.I have often explained to my children if they don't like being treated a certain way then don't treat others that way.Think how it feels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN