Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Hip hop

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 3 Replies

Dance shoes are rediculously expensive. 

My DD is in 4 HH classes this year, and the shoes are seperate from the costumes. Last year I guess I got lucky because she was in two HH classes, but one she just wore her shoes from home, so I only had to buy one pair.

this year, we have already gotten the request for the shoes for two classes. I told DH that DD would not be getting any new shoes next year for school, that she could just wear her HH shoes next year. So far they are pretty neat. I mean I would wear them on a regular day. Combat boots with black sequence on the back of the boot, and red converse...

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear  ya mom I used to buy basketball sneakers, soccer and football cleats, tennis shoes, and baseball cleats every season .It got pretty expensive with 2 kids.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM
She has to have 4 different pairs of shoes for these classes? She can't wear the same ones for all 4 classes? I would have a problem with that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM

For recital.. Not the actual classes. For the actual classes she just wear tennis shoes. Different costumes for hip hop require different shoes... This is only her 4th year doing HH in the past the costumes have either required just being barefoot, or any color converse (which is what we normally wear around here, so has never been an issue) last year the one pair I had to buy were silver sequenced uggs... Ok fine, one pair of shoes ... No problem... But yea I do slightly have an issues with having to purchase 200.00 for shoes that is an extra expense aside from the 75.00 costumes themselves... I mean it is what it is.. But it is slightly irritating.

Quoting fammatthews4:

She has to have 4 different pairs of shoes for these classes? She can't wear the same ones for all 4 classes? I would have a problem with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN