Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Dad is becoming a sap

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

My poor DH, I feel anyways... 

Every time DD who is 13 gets upset or gives us the silent treatment he either goes in her room and makes her laugh and gets her out of her room or goes out with her and buys her something to make her happy.. That's fine to a point I feel, but I think she's using that more then she should... It's getting me upset and I'm sort of just waiting it out before I say something to him... Don't want to get him all butt hurt and don't want to make myself look like the bad guy either... 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Between your Dh wanting to buy his daughter's happiness, and you not wanting to be the bad guy....Your daughter rules the roost!     Neither one of you are doing her any favors. 

I suggest setting some boundaries.   You are at risk of creating a monster.   She needs to learn to deal with her own feelings and conflicts.    

krise
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That is true. Dh and I will be having a talk sooner then later on this.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Perhaps talk to your husband privately and explain you used to be a teenage girl and know how they operate a little better than he does.  I have to do that with my hubby on occassion.  Don't make it a fight, make it a discussion.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree 

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Between your Dh wanting to buy his daughter's happiness, and you not wanting to be the bad guy....Your daughter rules the roost!     Neither one of you are doing her any favors. 

I suggest setting some boundaries.   You are at risk of creating a monster.   She needs to learn to deal with her own feelings and conflicts.    

MrsBLB
by Missi on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I like this idea

Quoting fantasticfour:

Perhaps talk to your husband privately and explain you used to be a teenage girl and know how they operate a little better than he does.  I have to do that with my hubby on occassion.  Don't make it a fight, make it a discussion.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Good luck, let us know how things are going  :)

Quoting krise:

That is true. Dh and I will be having a talk sooner then later on this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)