Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens
Hi so I am trying to figure out where I'm supposed to have my d sweet 16 party. I really do not want to have it at my house. I never planned something think this so I'm kinda lost. I don't know where would be a place that wouldnt be ridiculous cost wise meaning the prices of a wedding. but at the same time really nice. Anyone planned a sweet 16 before? I would love some help please. Thanks.
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Replies (11-19):
jessica2vjv
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM

yea thanks funny you said have a mother daughter weekend. I offered to take her on a criuse to mexico or somewhere. she said she rather have a party.. i would of picked the criuse.

Quoting woodswalker:

Dont go broke throwing a Sweet 16 party.    Rent a pavilion at a local park.   You can play your own music, outdoor games, barbecue.  

You could just take her and a few of her close friends out to a nice restaurant or concert.   Or even just a mother daughter weekend road trip.  

MJP76
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I am planning a sweet 16 now. Originally I was going to rent out a swimming pool for a day... But DD didn't want that, so we are actually having it here at the house outside, in the court (cal de sac). She is having a zombie dance party, I'm hiring a DJ, subway for catering, and also having her zombie cake professionally made.

harry209
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Do you our know someone with a club house or maybe a rec center
I used a hall because when I did the math with them doing the catering and cake was also included it was cheaper
mrjonesii
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Do she want a party? I'm asking because my daughter is turning 16 on Sunday. I thought she would want one but she don't. She just want her friends to spend the night on Saturday so on Sunday morning they will be here to help her celebrate. She's getting her hair done and a new outfit. We're taking her and her friends out to dinner. Plus she will get money and she's content.

My other daughter plan to have her birthday at a water park or a hotel near our home with a water park inside.

Another suggestion I've seen people do is rent a limo and/or dinner. These are just suggestions. Parties can be very stressful, cost a lot of money and time consuming.

tntmomof2
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Does your local fire departments rent out their halls? I'm renting our fire departments hall for dds graduation party. It's only $350 for 6 hours. You can either cook and bring in your own food or have it catered. 

You can also try your local VFWs. 

Act like a lady, think like a man,so you don't get played like a bitch 

NYCitymomx3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM

For my dd's Sweet 16 we rented a party bus for 6 hours for dd and 28 of her friends.  We filled it with balloons and catered it with Italian heros and chocolate covered strawberries.  It came with a $10K sound system and video screen (dd's friends made a video collage and filled  up 4 iPods with music).  They drove all over Manhattan and made stops in Times Square and the South Street Seaport.  My sister and her fiance chaperoned (she's a lot younger and cooler than I am, lol).  

Everyone wore black & white.  Dd wore a gorgeous red satin dress and tiara.  The invitations were black & white with a red satin bow tied into each one.  

Everything we bought and did for this party came out to less than $2000.   Dd's friends said it was the best party ever and many chose a party bus for their party as well.  

Msgme
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM

My dd's only 14 but i'm soooo stealing this idea when the time comes.  Can i ask you which party bus company you rented? 

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

For my dd's Sweet 16 we rented a party bus for 6 hours for dd and 28 of her friends.  We filled it with balloons and catered it with Italian heros and chocolate covered strawberries.  It came with a $10K sound system and video screen (dd's friends made a video collage and filled  up 4 iPods with music).  They drove all over Manhattan and made stops in Times Square and the South Street Seaport.  My sister and her fiance chaperoned (she's a lot younger and cooler than I am, lol).  

Everyone wore black & white.  Dd wore a gorgeous red satin dress and tiara.  The invitations were black & white with a red satin bow tied into each one.  

Everything we bought and did for this party came out to less than $2000.   Dd's friends said it was the best party ever and many chose a party bus for their party as well.  

NYCitymomx3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

We used "The Party Ride" .  It was the Friday after Thanksgiving 2009.  I remember weekdays being cheaper than weekends.  We got a bus that was said to hold over 30 comfortably.  I would check around and compare costs at different companies.  Party Ride has been getting some mixed reviews lately.

Quoting Msgme:

My dd's only 14 but i'm soooo stealing this idea when the time comes.  Can i ask you which party bus company you rented? 

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

Msgme
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks   her b-day is Nov 22nd so we'll be doing it around the same time of year.  She would totally love this idea sooo much. 

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

We used "The Party Ride" .  It was the Friday after Thanksgiving 2009.  I remember weekdays being cheaper than weekends.  We got a bus that was said to hold over 30 comfortably.  I would check around and compare costs at different companies.  Party Ride has been getting some mixed reviews lately.

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)