Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Have you been on FB and a post comes up from a friend who has passed

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Ida
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have several friends who have passed due to cancer but I don't want to delete them as I sometimes go to their page to look and their pics and remember them.

Here lately it seems their kids who are maintaining their pages are adding pics as they find them which is ok but when they like your post or comment on something it sends chills through me.

Has anyone else had this happen.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:42 AM
No. My co worker died last year. Her son was 6, she was 30. Her Facebook never comes on my page, I look at her page sometimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I am sorry about your losses : (
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:51 AM
No my mom just passed away 2 weeks ago and I would never do that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kthomasson
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Yes, I had a friend who passed away from an enlarged heart about 6 months ago, she laid down to take a nap and never woke up. She had a new husband of about a year and a half and 4 children.  Her husband has kept her facebook page and occasionally something will pop up, just casually, like Shannon _________ likes Walmart or something like that and it just shocks me or startles me like WHAT?  Then I realize her account is still active.  Sad......

TJFBGMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Yes, I have.  4 of my friends have passed. 1 friend in particular his mom has continued posting things. It's kind of creepy, but he was the type of guy that always liked to do things to freak people out so it's very fitting and usually just makes me smile. The others have people maintaining their pages and new things are occasionally posted but in much more subtle ways.

littlelamb303
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM

yes, a few years ago I saw that my friend that had passed was online.  I mentioned it to another friend and said someone must be on for her, but she said, how would they know her password, etc... and it is true.  No one knows my password. I don't think it is common for even family members to know passwords.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:21 AM
My dd posts all the time on her friends facebook who got killed in a car accident about a year ago. Many do. Her parents and siblings post a lot. I bet on the year anniversary of her death there will be a lot. Her 21st bday many posted on it. Her family doesn't add pics but might put a pic on a post on there. It is public now so everyone can see or post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM

No, but I have heard of this happening before.

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM

That is why they weren't deleted I go look at their pics when I am thinking about them.

Quoting diaperstodating:

No. My co worker died last year. Her son was 6, she was 30. Her Facebook never comes on my page, I look at her page sometimes.

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

THANK YOU

Quoting diaperstodating:

I am sorry about your losses : (

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)