Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2/13: New name day....

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:28 AM
  • 20 Replies

Do you like your name?

Get a Different Name Day

February 13th, 2013

A day your parents will not be so happy about! Don't like your name? Today you are expected to do something about it. That's right, its time to fill out all the petitions, orders and affidavits, getting them stamped and notarized. And after you publish an announcement in the newspaper (for legal reasons) you'll have to take your new name paperwork to the DMV, the Social Security office, get a new passport, a new birth certificate, change your business cards, email addresses, postal address, call the IRS... wow, this name changing business might just be more trouble than its worth! Unless you change it to Chad Ochocinco. That's just cool.

http://www.theultimateholidaysite.com/holidays/2013-2/#!get-a-different-name-day

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jers.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:29 AM

I've hated my name from day one, maybe I should change it (to Chad Ochocinco of course!)

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:56 AM
I do like my name, I think I'll keep it :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I've never thought about changing my name.  Seems like a lot of trouble.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Yes. My girls do also. Means we did good as parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I already went through this process 21 years ago, when I was 20.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I never liked my formal name.  I like my nickname though.  I wouldn't change my name because it was my parent's right to name me this.

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I would love to change my name! However, I think it would be a pain to change everything and everyone I know in business and my personal life would probably have a hard time with it. So I guess I will keep it. My dd Hates her name and I love it. I mean really! How bad is Briana?? 

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I think my name is OK. I hate the nickname for it, and most people ASSume and just call me by that. If I introduce myself by my name, why do people feel the need to constantly change it?

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM

When I was younger I didn't, simply b/c it was hard to find things like mugs and pencils w/ my name on them : )  Now I like it- it's not uncommon, but it's not super-common, either.

Although I do still find it a bit frustrating that it's difficult to find mugs/keychains/etc w/ my name on them as souvenirs. . .

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL! What, no Metta World Peace? ; )

Quoting Jers.:

I've hated my name from day one, maybe I should change it (to Chad Ochocinco of course!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)