Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

college answers

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM
  • 12 Replies

anybody get any we applied to 10 colleges and have not gotten any  responses, some of my dau friends have whats going on so much worry

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tntmomof2
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM

We started getting them back in December. Still waiting on some.  

When did she apply? Did she apply through mail or online? Do the schools she applied to have rolling admissions? 

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Last year my dd heard from her last college by early Feb and made her decision. She heard around Thanksgiving from the first. By Christmas from 2 more, and around Feb 8th from the last. She applied by mid Nov to all or earlier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM

You should have heard something by now.  Call or email the admissions offices of the schools.

Micawife
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:07 AM

My daughter has gotten replies from all that she applied to, she started getting them in Nov.

gabyangy
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM

My daughter told me yesterday that in March will should be getting all the responses.  She has actually received two but the other 5 not until March.

Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Most colleges have until April to send out replies.  My daughter applied to 7 of them, but some of them she didn't apply until January (based on admission deadlines).  One she applied to in November.  Hasn't heard back from any of them yet.

Give it time, they still have well over a month to let you know.

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Applied to ten, heard from seven schools.  I think the first acceptance came in late November. Three of the schools will let her know in April.  she has already decided where she is going.  My daughter had all her applications in by November 1st.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM

My son is still a few years away from this.

GOOD LUCK!!

sahlady
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM

she applied to 11.  she got 6 yeses, and 5 she has not heard from yet.

Jebekarue
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:22 PM

My son is a junior, he has started putting in for scholarships.  He has received 3 invites so far to visit schools and of course none are local, but no more than 6 hours away. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)