Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You remember McKayla's "Not Impresed" look??

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

Yeah I just gave my DS that look. He just informed me that his best friend & her family may be moving to Florida in the near future (we are in Ohio). And yes, I said "her"... his best friend is a young lady we have known since the 2 were 4 years old & her family joined our church. They have been through EVERYTHING together! They were each other's 1st bf/gf at the age of 8! Her mom is the youth leader & has done so much with the youth group at church! She is the director of Vacation Bible School & several other groups we are involved in! 

I guess her dad works for a company that does work at the local airport. The airport has been discussing the fact that they are no longer in need of this company's services & will be "letting them go"... which means her dad will be without a job. Instead of looking for another job here in Ohio that essentially does the same thing the company he works for now does, he is thinking they should all just move now. Their youngest is a freshman in high school. They were going to wait til she graduated to move, but now it looks like they might move sooner than that!

I am very disappointed. I love this family! And now just because of what the mom is involved in, but because they have become like family to me & my own family! 

Found this online & cropped the Prez & others out! LOL

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww,  I'm sorry.   It is always hard when good friends move away.....but you will have friends to visit in Florida!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I'm sorry. It is hard when friends move away. The good news is it is so easy to keep in touch in this day and age.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I'm sorry. That really sucks for you and your son. :(

almostthere55
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Hey look at it this way.  Good excuse to visit Florida!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)