Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What did your teen get or give for valentines

Posted by   + Show Post

happy valentine

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

I wasn't sure so I asked my DS what he wanted. He just wants to go to my folks so he can put flowers on our kitty's grave as it's the first Valentine's Day without her. Normally I'd say it could wait for the weekend but they literally grew up together. She was only 6 months older than my DS. And she was laid to rest on his 2nd day of his freshman year of high school.

So when he gets out of school we'll go get some flowers an go.

Awww....that is so sweet.    We had a kitty only a few months older than our youngest son, too.   She was with us for 12 years.    My son still sweeps off her grave in our back yard.  She has been gone for over 7 years.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Mine didn't really celebrate.   My oldest (not a teen) isn't dating anyone right now.   My youngest and his girlfriend didn't exchange gifts and both had classes, so they had to postpone their day at the coast.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM

This is the first year I did not give my sons a Valentine gift!!  They are adults...they have their own valentines (well, one of them does)

Jillysmom
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM
My dd got a small thing of solid chocolates for her boyfriend of 4 months, she got him a small bear with a chocolate bar. She also got a flower from a kid she tutors at school with a note thanking her. We got her a snow globe, she collects them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almostthere55
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I always give my dd a gift.  I got her a teddy bear, sour patch kids and chocolate from our little gourmet chocolate shop in town.  She now has a bf and she got him a card and cologne.  She got flowers and a heart necklace.  Aw puppy love:)

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM

All my kids got gift cards from us.My 16 y.o to a card store he likes alot,15 y.o. a store that sells records or vinyl according to him.My daughter to Sephora and 28 y.o. to his favorite movie theater chain.

They gave me 2 of my all time favorite cupcakes and a card for two more.Fortunately for me the store is 30 minutes away...it helps with the temptation ; )They gave their dad his favorite chocolate and nut candy.And an I.O.U. for weird beer.He loves going to this large liquor store and buying odd,small batch beers to try.Some have been pretty good ,others are just blek and are poured out after a few sips.Vanilla beer is weird btw.

bizzeemom2717
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I gave my DD an ipod dock she has been wanting for quite a while but need to find a converter, so will get that tomorrow. Also went to our fave bakery and got her a specialty cupcake and a few cake pops she loves. She got me some lotion I really like and a cute balloon and singing card. My DS in college sent me a text, lol!

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM
A girl at school bought my oldest a pink carnation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Sounds like everyone had a great Valentines

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I only got something for the younger ones, they don't go to school so I wanted them to still have a little fun today.

The hubby and I..nothing, but that's fine by me.

My oldest DD bought her BF heart shaped oreo's that are dipped in chocolate. A little over priced but he LOVES Oreo's. That's what I got him for Christmas lol

My son got his girlfriend a white gold ring with a diamond in it. Kinda dumb if you ask me when they are getting a house and she doesn't work, but whatever. He also bought the little ones Valentines treat.

My next DD got her BF a bunch of little Valentines day candies and a wireless mouse for his computer. He wanted one and we found a cool one with a dragon design on it. 

I bought my MIL chocolates, FIL unsalted pistachios and a $30 gift card to some restaurant. Can't remember which one, they eat out a lot lol

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Sounds good I hope they had a great day

Quoting MJP76:

DD gave her BF a heart box of chocolates and a stuffed bear that says "I love you"

i won't know what he got for her until she gets home from school today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN