Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What did your teen get or give for valentines

Posted by   + Show Post

happy valentine

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Replies (31-40):
02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Sounds like everyone had a good day

Quoting drfink:

All my kids got gift cards from us.My 16 y.o to a card store he likes alot,15 y.o. a store that sells records or vinyl according to him.My daughter to Sephora and 28 y.o. to his favorite movie theater chain.

They gave me 2 of my all time favorite cupcakes and a card for two more.Fortunately for me the store is 30 minutes away...it helps with the temptation ; )They gave their dad his favorite chocolate and nut candy.And an I.O.U. for weird beer.He loves going to this large liquor store and buying odd,small batch beers to try.Some have been pretty good ,others are just blek and are poured out after a few sips.Vanilla beer is weird btw.

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Sounds like a good day

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

I gave my DD an ipod dock she has been wanting for quite a while but need to find a converter, so will get that tomorrow. Also went to our fave bakery and got her a specialty cupcake and a few cake pops she loves. She got me some lotion I really like and a cute balloon and singing card. My DS in college sent me a text, lol!

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I remember those days our school sold cards, candy and carnations

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

A girl at school bought my oldest a pink carnation.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Quoting 02nana07:

I bet you missed doing it if you are like me it becomes a habit

Quoting boys2men2soon:

This is the first year I did not give my sons a Valentine gift!!  They are adults...they have their own valentines (well, one of them does)

I do miss it!!   I had to stop myself from running to the store this morning to get them chocolates....then I remembered how they inhaled 5 boxes of girl scout cookies this week. lol

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I love the thin mints they are one thing I can eat by the box LOL I hide them because they go so fast around here

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting 02nana07:

Quoting boys2men2soon:

This is the first year I did not give my sons a Valentine gift!!  They are adults...they have their own valentines (well, one of them does)

I do miss it!!   I had to stop myself from running to the store this morning to get them chocolates....then I remembered how they inhaled 5 boxes of girl scout cookies this week. lol

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Quoting 02nana07:

hope they have a good time when they get to be together

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Mine didn't really celebrate.   My oldest (not a teen) isn't dating anyone right now.   My youngest and his girlfriend didn't exchange gifts and both had classes, so they had to postpone their day at the coast.

Oh, they are together...they are now here.   She is always here...or so it seems.  LoL 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting 02nana07:

I love the thin mints they are one thing I can eat by the box LOL I hide them because they go so fast around here

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting 02nana07:

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Those are my favorites, as well!  Unfortunately, they are also my sons' favorites.   I usually freeze a box or two.....but my guys inhaled them before I got them to the freezer.   My bad.

PurpleHazey
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:23 AM

They got to babysit while Marty and I went out to dinner

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:37 AM

dh and I each got the kids a box of chocoloate.  thats what happens when we don't communicate  lol dd bought her boyfriend a heart shaped baloon and a box of candy and made him a card.  He got her a teddy bear a baloon and some strawberry candies.

Jillysmom
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:47 AM
She really did, and then her dad surprise to see a package of Valentines rubber duckies, she's been collecting them since she's a baby likely has 150 of them

Quoting 02nana07:

sounds like she had a good day

Quoting Jillysmom:

My dd got a small thing of solid chocolates for her boyfriend of 4 months, she got him a small bear with a chocolate bar. She also got a flower from a kid she tutors at school with a note thanking her. We got her a snow globe, she collects them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)