Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Up and running windows 8!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:02 AM
  • 13 Replies

My new computer is very very fast but I am not sure I like windows 8

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I haven't seen Windows 8 yet.

justamomma2
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM

We got a new laptop with Windows 8 at Christmas time.  Love the computer, hated Windows 8.  We played with it for 2 months trying to learn everything.  It ended up being so frustrating for everything other than email, that we stopped using it and returned it to Costco.  Now we are trying to find a new lap top with Windows 7, that's not such an easy task.  I work on an older Macbook Pro, but they are just to pricy to buy a new one.  Good luck to you on Windows 8.  Hope you have more success than we did.

MansfieldMama
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I got the free trial version of Windows 8 last June, and have loved it ever since!  The free trial ran out last month, so I had to pay for the real deal then.  I still love it!  :)

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Quoting justamomma2:

We got a new laptop with Windows 8 at Christmas time.  Love the computer, hated Windows 8.  We played with it for 2 months trying to learn everything.  It ended up being so frustrating for everything other than email, that we stopped using it and returned it to Costco.  Now we are trying to find a new lap top with Windows 7, that's not such an easy task.  I work on an older Macbook Pro, but they are just to pricy to buy a new one.  Good luck to you on Windows 8.  Hope you have more success than we did.

Can't you just install Windows 7 on a computer? I bought my laptop less than a year ago, and I love Windows 7.

arkmomma06
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I'm getting used to Windows 8 too. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM

My MIL has windows 8 on her laptop, my husband said it's very different. He wasn't sure if he'd like it or not.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:35 PM

My mom just got a new laptop and specifically did not want Windows 8 on it- she has enough trouble figuring out computers!

Glad you're up and running!

DarlaHood
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I went to a MacBook about 8 years ago, and I would never go back to windows.  My last MacBook outlasted 3 windows laptops.  It's faster, and it ran as fast as the day I got it on the day I retired it almost 8 years later.  I just got a new one in January because it was time, and I bought one with a an HD screen instead of the retina display (cuz you can replace the battery yourself).  And it's amazing now what you get for your money.

Yep, it's more expensive, but worth it.  Trouble free.

vtmommyof2bratz
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM

we d/l windows 8 to dh's computer and it has been a hassle to use ever since - such a big regret!

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I got a laptop with windows 8 for Christmas and I hate it everyone keeps telling me I have to get used to it so how long does that take LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)