Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Random Question 2/15

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 8 Replies

What are some words or phrases your kids said when they were small that are still used in your home?

For instance~ our dd always called syrup~ surpup when she was a toddler. We still call syrup surpup.

My youngest used to say "I bonked my bindi" when he hit his head. We still say that if we bump our heads or if someone might hit their head on something, we'll say don't bonk your bindi. 

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Belt seat, for seat belt. Spaghetti was Pasghetti. Of course, not all the time now, but we say them and laugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I'm struggling to think of something offhand...

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Mow lawner, my son kept saying it backwards and it has stuck ever sense. I'm sure there is more but that's what is coming to mind right now.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I'm sure there's something- w/ 3 kids, I'd be surprised if there wasn't- but I can't think of any right now.

DarlaHood
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

DD called Piglet from Winnie the Pooh Pliget, and we still call him that.  Hangober instead of Hamburger.  She once performed a marriage ceremony for two plastic zebras and asked the one if he was ready to take the other as his awful wedded wife!  My grandaughter would say, Lemme Shee, Lemme Shee, when she wanted to see something, so sometimes we say that. 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:41 PM

My oldest used to ask " Aren't you happy at me?"  whenever I frowned.    We still ask that if one of us is looking unhappy.

We still refer to Sleeping Beauty as 'Deep in Duty", as my youngest son used to call it.     We call cows "moo's", as he used to.

We sometimes call our Pool Table....Swimming pool table, as our oldest did as a toddler.

emma1960
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Pack Pack for backpack:)

dlsbucky
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM

An elevator is called an alligator

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)