Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My Son's Game Last Night

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 20 Replies
4 moms liked this

First off, I want to say that this hockey season has been a huge struggle for the WHOLE team. They just have not gotten along at all. Right before the game, the coaches called a team meeting to discuss with the parents actually cutting out some practices before the end of the season because there is so much fighting and bickering between the players.

But despite all that, last night their game was terrific. The best of their whole season. They went against a team that only had one district game loss, and it was by the other team in my son's association. DS's team has 4 district game losses. (The other association team only has two district losses, and so they're doing better.)  So they're good, but I honestly didn't think they would win last night's game.

It was such an exciting game. I thought they were going to tie because 0-0 until only two minutes left, and then one kid on my son's team finally scored a goal. So they won 1-0.

DS plays defense, and he was on point all night. The coaches said him and the goalie were the MVPs of the game. At one point, DS's team had two kids in the penalty box, and so it was 3 against 5. DS played all 30 seconds when those two penalties overlapped and they were down two players. DS was out during most of the times they were down a player (or two), and he was terrific. Probably one his best (if not THE best) games he's played to date.

I'm very proud of how he played. Now tonight, I'm going to talk to him to make sure he's not contributing to the negative team dynamic. Sigh.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drfink
by Emily on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Sounds like a great game.I'm a bad mom I prefer games that aren't runaways... as long as we win in the end.LOL

Congratulations to your son for MVP ...sounds like he was on fire !

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Glad to hear that they pulled it together

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Quoting drfink:

Sounds like a great game.I'm a bad mom I prefer games that aren't runaways... as long as we win in the end.LOL

Congratulations to your son for MVP ...sounds like he was on fire !

I totally agree with preferring the close games. So much more interesting to watch. When they aren't evenly matched, the game is really boring.

Thanks!

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Quoting fantasticfour:

Glad to hear that they pulled it together

Yeah, for that game. I've never seen a team like this before. They're so inconsistent, in general. We never know "what team" is going to show up, if you catch what I mean.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

way to goCongrats to your DS and congrats to you Mama! As a fellow club sports year round, driving to practice, carpooling, years of smelly cars Mom I get just how AWESOME those moments are when we truly see our kids shine as athletes...makes all the blood, sweat, tears and years of hard work and dedication (for both the athlete and parent) so totally, 100% worth it, enjoy and hope you both can bask in the glow for awhile! Hugs!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Glad to hear they had a great game and were able to work as a team to win it.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Glad they pulled it together!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Good for them!!!   Especially your DS!   I love games like that....when the underdog team shines.   I have great memories of the sports my guys played.....  each of them had their 'Glory Games' and Spectacular moments.   Those memories last a lifetime!

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Aw, thank you. It's so very true, even though I often don't think about it. 

thank you

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

way to goCongrats to your DS and congrats to you Mama! As a fellow club sports year round, driving to practice, carpooling, years of smelly cars Mom I get just how AWESOME those moments are when we truly see our kids shine as athletes...makes all the blood, sweat, tears and years of hard work and dedication (for both the athlete and parent) so totally, 100% worth it, enjoy and hope you both can bask in the glow for awhile! Hugs!

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Glad to hear they had a great game and were able to work as a team to win it.

Thanks! I love seeing them work together. Some of the players are talented, but their attitude gets in the way of it shining. It's sad to see when that happens instead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)