Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Pain below lower back and above bottom

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 17 Replies
For the past 3 days I have been having these pains in the same spot right across from each other. It's between my lower back and above my bottom. I feel pain when I sit or when I lay on my side and I have no idea what it is. I've tried researching but can't find any answers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMommyTaxi
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM

sciatica or perhaps endometriosis

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Ouch.   I hope it eases up soon.

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Sciatic nerve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hailey.Brimm
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Thanks y'all :)
suesues
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

try moist heat or ice

suesues
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

sciatic goes down the leg

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM
If the pain runs down either leg then it may be sciatica. If you are worried then you may want to go to your dr.
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
It may just be an inflammation of tissues pushing on a nerve. I get this all the time. I take 800 mg of ibuprofen in the am every day for three days. On the fourth day the inflammation has decreased so it doesn't hurt anymore. If still in pain, go to the doctor. Another good thing to do (after the ibuprofen is in your system!) are deep stretches. Google yoga stretch & pigeon. If you can do that stretch, you will be amazed how much better you feel. If that stretch is too much for you, try the lying piriformis stretch or the seated piriformis stretch. As with all stretches, if it hurts stop. Just stretch enough to where you feel a little pull and hold it.
TranquilMind
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Sciatica, especially if you feel any of it running down your leg.    I had this pain for NINE months once, because I slid back in a chair without lifting.  It was awful. Pray you find relief quickly. 

Hailey.Brimm
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I don't feel anything going down my leg. I can feel it when I walk though. I google both of them and I I had symptoms for both the sciatic nerve and endometriosis.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)