Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

do your kids play sports?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 23 Replies

My son plays football, and next year he's going to be captain of the team. I don't want to think of that right now, since next year is his last year in school =(

My daughter plays soccer and softball. She got MVP last year for soccer

what about your kids?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Nope, mine aren't into sports.  With the curriculum they have they don't have time for it.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM

My one son did footbal and track. My other DD only did track.

Bertieb
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM

My daughter plays soccer and plans to be on the tennis team this spring.  We don't go overboard on extracurricular sports though. She doesn't do the "select" team stuff outside of the high school team.

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Cross country
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM

None of my kids play sports officially. The boys like to play pick-up football games w/ the neighborhood kids, though.

justamomma2
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM

My ds 16 plays water polo and baseball on his highschool teams.  He does travel baseball in the summer.  My  dd 13 plays on a comp soccer team and just made her middle school team.  There is a little over lapping for  few weeks.  Both of my kids are A students taking A.P, honors and accelerated classes.  Their particular sports are their passion and we've all aquired many friends and gotten to know great families through their sports.  They are hanging out with like minded kids.  My son's goal is for academic and athletic scholarships.  My daughter is highly academic and sports are something she loves, but doesnt know if she will play them in college.

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
No, my son is has admiration for athletes, but he doesn't care to be involved in them. He's a self proclaimed " nerd". He's a brainiac and does clubs that actually give homework as part of the clubs! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM

My dd was in track and field until she started 9th grade.

My sons aren't teens yet but my oldest plays football and basketball. My youngest has played flag football and is trying baseball for the first time this year.

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM
My daughter does cheerleading!!! Most schools don't consider it a sport, but this year they finally put it in as one lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Not any more.   My sons grew up playing sports, but both quit before HS.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)