Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Called in reinforcements for my son

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Once again, my son flew into a 2 year old tantrum on thursday.  Throwing himself everywhere, screaming at the top of his lungs, etc.  He laughed at my youngest because she hurt her hand and she called him a jerk.  Of course that set him off too.  Dad (grr) put on his pamper hat and catered to him thursday night because he didn't want the girls to be kept up with him banging his head on the wall.

Yesterday it got worse.  He picked a fight with the youngest at the bus stop so I brought him home, told him to go to his room.  When he started acting 16 I would take him to school.  I don't want him to break something in my car.  I had to take the dog to the vet (I was going to reschedule) but my mom said she's babysit him.

She wasn't here 10 minutes when he ran out the door determined to "run away" to school.  No shoes, nothing.  I caught him at the end of the street in the car, my mom was doing her power walk the world is going to collapse move.  I told him it's going to be much better if he returns home on his own than if she catches him.  He didn't listen.

She dragged him by the back of his pants (he wouldn't move) about 4 houses before he started fighting back.  I was in the car behind him.  She got him under control and marched him back to the house where she stripped him to his undies and threw him in the shower and hosed him off with cold water.

By the time I got home from the vet, he was in his room in dry undies (I was told he can't run away in his undies).  I told him if he acts like he's 16 I'll take him to school.

The change is DRASTIC!  Yes ma'am.  Sits like a young man not a toddler with a tummyache.  Acts like a young man, responds like a young man, talks like a young man.

I HOPE that a cold shower was the wake up call he needed.  My mom talked to him before she left and tried to tell me what she said.  I laughed and said I knew her exit speech and could probably recite to it her.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Hope Grandma finally got through to him.

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Sounds to me like momma knows exactly what she is doing! Follow her lead. Hubby needs to step up as well. Obviously, tough love is your saving grace with him. So happy for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Sounds to me like momma knows exactly what she is doing! Follow her lead. Hubby needs to step up as well. Obviously, tough love is your saving grace with him. So happy for you!

My thoughts, too!

tyfry7496
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Go Grandma!!! Hopefully grandmas talk and cold shower helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Yes! Boy I wish my mom was still around for my 6 year old and my 13 year old daughter! Those old gals are worth their weight in gold! LOVE IT!

bizzeemom2717
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Sounds like Grandma needs to come over more often, WTG Grandma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Go Grandma !

supermomz25
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM

good job grandma!!!

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM

WHOOP WHOOP Grand ma !!!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Well it's been a few days now and he has actually earned a few necessities back!  He's acting his age, and is not at all pleased that we are holding him to the replacement of the laptop he had broken, but is at least happy we replaced it with a less expensive model.  The one we picked out was half the price of the original one.  I got a good deal on the one I wanted.

I hope this lasts!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)