Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Appropriate makeup for 16 year old

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter likes doing her hair and makeup in a kind of "retro" style, she's got a short pixie cut and she actually likes having a pale complexion. I just see how her friends do their makeup so much diffently than her, much more subtly. She does her eyes kind of like this:

Do you think this is appropriate for her age? I think it's kind of cute how she liooks like an old time actress, but I do notice how she wears more obvious makeup than her friends. Would you let your kids wear that kind of dramatic eyeliner and lipstick and stuff?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I think it is good to be who you are as long as it isn't something permanent that you might regret later.  Hair, make up and piercings can be changed but tatoos and the big holes they do in the ears whatever you call them are permanent.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Mine only wore eye liner and mascara except for dances etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
le.sigh.333
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

what she said.

my 15 year old is in a neon stage and does her eyes like this:

Quoting GleekingOut:

I think it's fine. And besides; she's sixteen I think it's not a battle to fight at this age. But If you didn't have worries about it you wouldn't be posting. As long as she's not breaking any rules and you don't have reason to believe she's being sexual with her makeup then I don't see a problem.

rebeccab1966
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM

She's expressing herself and I think she looks really cute (sort of reminds me of Adele's makeup--I think she is gorgeous).  When I was 16 I wore pink, blue and purple eyeshadow, and sparkly white lipgloss and looked like a clown.

Shopsha0911
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Love it! It's so very cute and yes a lot of girls in that age group are wearing liner like that. 

KamiRox81
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Yes, we let my 16 yr old step-daughter wear make up.  

MJP76
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Yes, it's fine.

Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I've never fought the makeup battle.  Not worth it to me. 

I think it looks nice, actually.

suesues
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM

its ok mine wears makeup but not much to school its a private school they strict about makeup

MDStepMomma2
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM

It looks fine on her. The 15 year old SD wears HEAVY eye make up but no lipstick or anything else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)