Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

2/18: It's Presidents day and Battery day...

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM
  • 12 Replies

Do you use rechargeable or regular batteries at your house?

National Battery Day

When : Always February 18th

People get a charge out of National Battery Day. We are absolutely energized about the many uses and applications. It's an opportunity to celebrate a vital invention. Batteries are used everywhere, from the battlefield to smoke alarms to headsets. They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and power capacity, to fit a wide array of needs.

Just imagine where the world would be without batteries. We'd still be using a crank to start our automobiles. We'd have to cart around long extension cords to bring the boombox to the beach. And, forget about hand-held games. They'd never be popular tied to an electrical outlet.

Yesiree, batteries are electrifying!

Today is a good time to appreciate the  the power of batteries in our everyday life.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vtmommyof2bratz
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:26 AM

we use disposable batteries - i think my kids would die without them lol

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Most of the things we use on a regular basis have rechargeable batteries but we still have a few things with disposables still
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I don't use rechargeable

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM

We have rechargeable batteries but we still use disposables too.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:31 AM

We use both. Things like phones, video game controllers, and cameras all have rechargeable batteries. It's too expensive to use disposable in those kind of devices.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Regular
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM

We use disposables but not very often.  The only things we use the batteries in are things like cars, laptops and phones.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM
We use rechargeable batteries. About 3 years ago I bought a battery charger from Best Buy. I have been buying rechargeable batteries ever since!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM

i used rechargable till a few months ago and all of a sudden non of them could hold a charge anymore 18 of them

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM

We use regular ones. We tried rechargable ones once and after just a few uses they just weren't holding a charge very long anymore. And we weren't using cheapo ones, either, they were Energizers.

For some reason, my 1st thought when I saw President's Day and batteries in the same title was the Hall of Presidents exhibit at Disney : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)