Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Her new do!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Got it done this wkend... She loves it... Miss Aloria has gotten all A's so far in school.  She knows we are pretty open to ideas if there are good grades... It's my fault she likes the wild hair, since mine right now is a bright blue/green

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM

well it is only hair.  is this her creation or is this an actual style where you live?

she is a cutie... and I agree that good grades are more important than a funky hair cut.

Curious, since she is so young and the hair cut is so out there... did the stylist ask your permission first, or at least double check with you that it was ok?

krise
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Quoting sahlady:

well it is only hair.  is this her creation or is this an actual style where you live?

she is a cutie... and I agree that good grades are more important than a funky hair cut.

Curious, since she is so young and the hair cut is so out there... did the stylist ask your permission first, or at least double check with you that it was ok?

No it's not a big style here in AZ but I have seen it around.. We have dyed her hair funky colors before as well, summer time of course since it's not allowed in school. The stylist I go to is an alternative salon and know me well. I was there with her and they had no issues with it or concerns. 

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

glad she likes it

sahlady
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Well there ya go.  It is a nice 'gift' for being a good kid.  she gets a bit of independence and self expression in a way that isnt permanent, and that is wonderful.  good job mama.

Quoting krise:

Quoting sahlady:

No it's not a big style here in AZ but I have seen it around.. We have dyed her hair funky colors before as well, summer time of course since it's not allowed in school. The stylist I go to is an alternative salon and know me well. I was there with her and they had no issues with it or concerns. 

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Good for you for letting her express herself. Glad she's happy with the final product.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I am the same way with my younger daughter (13).  She likes funky styles and colors.  We do the color during the summer since her school only allows "natural" colors and I pretty much let her get it cut however she wants.  I had some family and friends that were surprised when I let her color it magenta this past summer.  My response to them is she is an all A honor student that is never in trouble in school plus she does extra things around the house to earn the money to have it done.  It's only hair.  You can dye it back and it grows.  Wtg for letting her be her!

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I think it looks good on her. I grew up in AZ, and I knew a few girls that would shave a little of their hair to help stay cooler in the summers.

DarlaHood
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM

My dd also is a really great kid who is now off at college.  She is a biology major, and is working really hard.  She died part of her hair purple during the summer.  Then in Fall she changed to bright red, and now it's blue.  I dont' care.  It's hair.  I think it's great that kids have the confidence to express themselves and be different!

suesues
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:30 AM

as long as she is happy I would not like it and our school would not allow it

girlsclubmom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Pretty girl! I am just curious if you ladies who die the kids hair use permanent hair color or non permanent. Thinking of letting my light brown haired girl get highlights this summer - natural looking . Dont know how to do it best - sun in? salon or do it ourselves?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)