Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

my wit's end.

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 3 Replies

DS (16) has begun to drive nuts. He is in the 9th grade. He knows it will take work for him to catch up.He should be in the 11th grade. His grades right now are in the toliet. He just doesn't do homework. He is on the football team. He has mention leaving the team. The newst thing is him wanting to go live with his dad and go to school there,becuase he thinks they will just promote him. Everyday it is something new. He was stressted me to the point of headaches.We are going to talk with his counsler next week. To see what can be done to get hin extra credits.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
skylerblue
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I have the same situation. I can pull my hair out sometimes. My son has one more year and home schools. He know he has to do well but won't put in the extra work. It drives me mad, my dh and I have begged him, I keep on telling him there are so few jobs that you have to do well to get one of thoses jobs. Its only when you adults you could kick yourself for not thinking of your future. I hope you sort it out soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Is he in the 9th grade due to his grades?    Is so, how is he allowed to participate in extra curriculars?  Our school required a 2.0 to play sports.

Online classes are a good way to make up credits.   Ask his counselor about them.   My son took an Aventa online lit class and a BYU online Math class....he took them for different reasons, but he found them to be quick and easy.   He completed the Math class in 4 hours!

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

What motivates him? Have you asked him what he wants to do for a career and the steps he needs to accomplish to reach that goal? If he has no career goals, maybe try explaining to him how little he would bring home with a minimum wage job and challenge him to find an apartment in the want ads that he could actual afford with that little of income.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN