Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

DD failed her drivers test :(

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 21 Replies

Today is my DDs 16th birthday and i took her to go get her drivers license. She was really nervous but really excited that she was gonna finally get it. She went to go take the test and when she came back she told me she failed. Apparently she turned on red but the light quickly turned green and the lady marked down that she drove into traffic. The instructor felt horrible that she had to fail her. My DD was crying. I feel awful. I told her I'd take her back tomorrow but she is still upset. 

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kthomasson
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Oh no.....the same thing happened to my DD, she just pulled out a little too soon before another car (not on a light).  But I just advised her that it was okay, I didn't pass on my first time either and that she could try again.  She passed easily on the second test.,

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Awww.... lots of people fail the first time, including me.   I was shaking like a leaf!    That is the reason I didn't make appointments for my sons to get their licenses on their birthdays.

I hope her day improves.    Happy Birthday to her, too!

MamaSnaps
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM

What age do they get their permit there? 

That's heartbreaking for her! My dd failed hers THREE times because she was so nervous! She's a phenomenal driver. Just plain natural, but she got so nervous with the lady in the car she drove like a paranoid old lady! By the third time the lady figured it out and acted like her friend instead. She put the computer away and just rode and talked like her friend. Not a single mark off that time. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM
My oldest failed 2 times. Nearly every kid I know failed here. My youngest didn't though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corinthians81
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that!!!

She will definitely get it next time!! I hope the rest of her day gets better,and better,and that she enjoys her special day!!:) Happy Birthday to her!

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Happy birthday and (((HUGS))) to your daughter!

Since that was the only thing, the odds are that won't happen when she tests again. I'm sure she'll have a better result next time!

proudmother5946
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM
It took me three tries to get my license! The first time I didn't merge correctly. The second yime the instructor made me so nervous that I couldn't even park straight. I went again and the lady said I needed to wait two weeks. My mom told her I couldn't, I was leaving for college. Some older gentleman said he'd take me, I finally passed. I got my license at 18.
MrsBLB
by Missi on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Awww, sorry to hear that.  She is not the only one that happens to, but it is hard.  Hugs and Happy Birthday to her.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Hugs to your dd I know how upsetting that is to a teen.

I failed my first test, way back when. My dd failed 3 times before passing. She is a great, very cautious driver but has extreme test anxiety. On the last try, when she finally passed, she relaxed enough to joke around a little with the instructor. He changed up the course that she had driven previously and she did better. It's rare that a teen passes on the first try here. Most teens go to another drivers testing site (45 mins away) b/c they know how difficult it is to pass here.

nsparky1964
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I can relate..,those test are hard..I've been driving for 30yrs,and got my motorcycle endorsement last year..I failed my permit test twice...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)