Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

2/22: International world thinking day

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:19 AM
  • 11 Replies

Were you a girl scout? Were your girls scouts?

International World Thinking Day

When : Always February 22nd

Just think about it! Today is a day to ponder and contemplate.

International World Thinking Day is celebrated by Girl Scouts, Girl Guides and other girl groups. The original objective of this day was to set aside a day for girls all over the world  to think of each other, and to give thanks and appreciation to "sister" Girl Scouts and Girl Guides. Over the years, it has been expanded to include the opportunity for girls (young and less young) to learn about health issues that affect girls and young women.

You don't have to be a Girl Scout or a Girl Guide to participate in this day. Rather, we encourage all females, young and old, to learn a little more about health issues today. If you are in a position to provide education and training on health issues, do so today. If you can not conduct it today, then schedule it for some time in the near future.

Something to think about: February 22nd is the birthday of both Lord Baden-Powell founder of the Boy Scouts, and his wife Lady Olave Baden-Powell . Lady Baden-Powell who founded Girl Guides.

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM
My girls were a few years. I was a Camp Fire Girl from 1st through 10th grade.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I was a Girl Scout for a couple of years.  I've been a Girl Scout leader for 22 years.  Both of my DD's and my SD were/are Girl Scouts.  Our troop is having a World Thinking Day celebration Monday.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I was a girl scout from daisy to senior.  My daughters were girl scouts for a year.  It has majorly changed.  I couldn't keep them in there.  Here the dues were extremely high, and they did no camping, no badges, and just worried about cookie sales.  The one time they had a sleepover they were left unsupervised in a club house with a 17 year old boy.  I pulled them out immediately when that happened.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I was a Girl Scout from 2nd-8th grades. Dd is in 1st grade and in her 2nd yr of Daisies. She loves it! We're going to our service unit's World Thinking Day event tomorrow : )

ebbierowe
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I was, dd1 has been since kindergarten (she is in 10th grade now) and dd2 probably wil be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I was briefly a Girl Scout.

My son is a Boy Scout, and to be honest, I like their program better.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM

My dd was a brownie for one year and absolutely hated it.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I was never in scouts.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I don't have daughters.   I was a Blue Bird....but never made it to campfire girl.

bizzeemom2717
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I was a Girl Scout Leader for 6 years, my DD did Daisy Scouts through 5th grade. One of the most rewarding things I have ever done. Loved Thinking day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN