Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Hey mom's so I was wondering how many of you chose to have your child given this series of shots?

Boys? Girls?

What do you think?

Both of my older sons, ages 13 and 11 will be getting the first one today :)

EDIT: Mom's who chose not to get the shot's...I am not trying to be rude by responding :) thanks for sharing...it is your choice and I have no right to question it :)

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Replies (21-30):
zadesmom1998
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Just fyi they do burn and they make you wait 15 minutes after the shot to make sure there is no reaction. Ds said it hurt like tetanus shot the next day and his arm was kind of stiff. But no adverse side effects.

Quoting WandaSue:

:) i have talked with both of my older boys and they both want to get it :) thanks for sharing

Quoting zadesmom1998:

My son is receiving the shots. He is almost 15. Ds 9 will get the shots when he is of age too.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM

None of my 3  will be getting the shots.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I have no idea if I responded to this before or not, but I'm going to go ahead and respond.  No, my children will not get this shot.  The main reason is because of the side effects, both short term and long term.  I talked to my children's doctor and even he told me he is not getting his children vaccinated with it.  Mainly because it has not been around long enough for anyone to honestly know the long term effects to it.  In the long run it is not worth the risk to me for my children.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM
My 14 yr old som got the shots and my 8 year old son will get them too when hes old enough. My 14 year old didnt have any side effects from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WandaSue
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM

:) thanks for sharing

Quoting tyfry7496:

My son is not getting that one. After talking to 2 doctors and asking if they are getting it for their teens and the said NO. I'm not getting it for mine.

I am pro-vaccinating but not this one. If doctors aren't doing it then there's a reason.

WandaSue
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:42 PM

:)

Quoting dandylynes:

Yes, my daughter got it

WandaSue
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:42 PM

:) thanks for sharing

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

No, RN here who has done lots of research myself and spoken to many doctors who chose not to vaccinate their own children. For my 15 year old dd and 20 year old DS no.

WandaSue
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM

thanks! yeah both of my kiddos said their arm is sore, now

Quoting zadesmom1998:

Just fyi they do burn and they make you wait 15 minutes after the shot to make sure there is no reaction. Ds said it hurt like tetanus shot the next day and his arm was kind of stiff. But no adverse side effects.

Quoting WandaSue:

:) i have talked with both of my older boys and they both want to get it :) thanks for sharing

Quoting zadesmom1998:

My son is receiving the shots. He is almost 15. Ds 9 will get the shots when he is of age too.

WandaSue
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM

:) ty for sharing

Quoting mumsy2three:

None of my 3  will be getting the shots.

WandaSue
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

ty for sharing :)

Quoting fantasticfour:

I have no idea if I responded to this before or not, but I'm going to go ahead and respond.  No, my children will not get this shot.  The main reason is because of the side effects, both short term and long term.  I talked to my children's doctor and even he told me he is not getting his children vaccinated with it.  Mainly because it has not been around long enough for anyone to honestly know the long term effects to it.  In the long run it is not worth the risk to me for my children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN