Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Have you started spring cleaning

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Ida
  • 24 Replies

I have been cleaning out the old place and didn't realize how many clothes we left there I was sure we got them all when we moved. 

I have been doing laundry for over a week and today I have everyone going through all the clothes to see what they want to keep and the rest will be put in a yard sale this weekend. 

I have been bringing home about a dozen loads a day so it will be a big sale and after all this work I  think we will use the money to do something fun.

Everyone is cleaning their room for other things to add so hopefully we can make enough to go somewhere fun for the night.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I simply cannot deal with yard sales.  Nothing is sold.  I used to like going to flea markets to sell things but now they want to charge a tax on everything.

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Where we used to live yard sales weren't worth it even if you advertised but here they do great even without advertising just need a sign in the yard

Quoting fantasticfour:

I simply cannot deal with yard sales.  Nothing is sold.  I used to like going to flea markets to sell things but now they want to charge a tax on everything.

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM

My living room is full of yard sale stuff I hope the weather is warm the next 2 days

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I'm waiting to find out if I need to do regular spring cleaning or getting ready to move spring cleaning.  If we do end up moving I may try having a yard sale even though I detest them.  Having been here for 7 years (the longest we have lived anywhere in the last 21 years) we have accumulated a lot of things that I will need to get rid of before we leave.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Yes!   Dh has been cleaning out the garage and his shop.....he has taken 3 loads to the dump and 2 loads to Goodwill.     I have cleaned out the hall storage closet and am currently working on the Master Bedroom closets.    This house must be purged!

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:33 PM

We moved and just moved what we needed I finally went back to get the rest packed up and that is most of what I am selling.  I just couldn't get motivated before.

Quoting fammatthews4:

I'm waiting to find out if I need to do regular spring cleaning or getting ready to move spring cleaning.  If we do end up moving I may try having a yard sale even though I detest them.  Having been here for 7 years (the longest we have lived anywhere in the last 21 years) we have accumulated a lot of things that I will need to get rid of before we leave.

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM

My boys have been going through clothes and have cleaned the carport and the yard my husband helped when they let him.  I have went through clothes and  stuff we had packed up

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Yes!   Dh has been cleaning out the garage and his shop.....he has taken 3 loads to the dump and 2 loads to Goodwill.     I have cleaned out the hall storage closet and am currently working on the Master Bedroom closets.    This house must be purged!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM

If we do move it will be several states away if not accross the country so everything will need to be purged before we leave. I sure do understand the lack of motivation though.

Quoting 02nana07:

We moved and just moved what we needed I finally went back to get the rest packed up and that is most of what I am selling.  I just couldn't get motivated before.

Quoting fammatthews4:

MJP76
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM

No.. It's too cold here. My first spring cleaning I like to open all the windows.. It's still raining and snowing here...

I deep clean my house once a week, but spring cleaning...no.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Did you just recently move? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)