Ladies, would REALLY appreciate your input, and pretty quick. May be a bit sporadic so apologize in advance on this. So here's the deal. And I've been thinking about this for a while, just didn't know how to approach you Ladies with it.
1. Evidence that StpSon's smoking in his room, bathroom, just not sure what all. Know cigs, suspect pot and something called SAGE (SERIOUSLY? I think they were even doing BASIL from garden last summer).
2. Found alcohol (major haul) in his bthroom earlier this week. Confiscated all.
3. Ashes, ashtrays, "bongs" have been found in his room for quite some time. And JUST learned about an APPLE BONG (????). 2nd time I've seen it.
4. Room has been a WRECK since last summer when things REALLY got bad. Somewhat.
5. Boy has more hiding places in bed/bathroom, closet than you can imagine.
6. So ...tomorrow evening, when he's out late, Dad's agreed we're going to "toss" the room.
7. It's been HARD for Dad to GRASP all of this yet grade are KEY evidence ...plus other.
8. Last summer, family friend stated it would be INVASION of stpson's privacy to "toss" his room.
9. I'm to the point NOW ...he HAS NO privacy if he misues the Priv.
10. Door about to be taken off of bedroom (Hubs thought that was extreme in the early stages).
11. Now I'm looking at taking off BATHROOM door as well as it seems that's where MAJORITY of the smoking's going on. Jeez...do they think we're STUPID? Stand up on the toilet, blow smoke up through the vent? SERIOUSLY???
12. Oh and THIS one kills me...BELOW freezing weather...windows open?
13. More cologne spray than in Saks 5th Ave testers?
14. Pillows, clothes, stuffed all around bunk bed FORT built?
15. What part of STUPID do you think I am...KID!!!
16. Have recently BARRED friend of stpson's even going UP to his room. "Sit your BUTT DOWNSTAIRS OR ...LEAVE ME HOME!". They were smoking pot, up in stpson's room, b4 school...ADMITTEDLY by this other friend!
So here we stand. Tomorrow evening, Dad's finally agreed to toss...take down his son's room. And I HOPE it will be much better than IIII anticipate.
IF we find major contraband, that's when I'm going to push EVEN forward that Dad just gives me Carte Blance in dealing with this kid. To say that what EVER she says...GOES.
It will be an argument, no doubt, from the kid.
But LADIES? He's a Jr. in HS, "LEGAL MOTHER" (No where NEAR bio mom) is of NO help.
If IIII as step mom don't do something? Houston, the Boy will have problems.
Counseling is in the works.
And MY BIO son, this boy's "big brother", has HAD it with him as for some of the MAJOR antics and "the boy just won't listen to common sense".
These are my thoughts. Dad & I toss the room tomorrow evening. Find ...what we find. Let HIM see it 1st hand.
Dad, since he's under SO much pressure at work, asked him to... TURN THE BOY OVER TO ME...let the boy know whatever I say...GOES.
I've been a GOOD stepmother to this kid. Helped him through ... A LOT.
And just for the Record, have taught him pretty much EVERYTHING a young man needs to know to include stop peeing the bed, your pants; SKARTs, proper table etiquette, how to be RESPECTFUL to Ladies, Elders...the list is endless.
I fell in love with a WONDERFUL man...then his adoptive son came into my life. As a MOTHER, it's MY job to do the best I can for this boy...and I'm doing it!