Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

When it's warm and sunny~ do you ever hang your clothing on the line to dry?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Depends on my mood, but I do if we have had laundry pile up. My dryer takes a little longer then the washer so one load goes in the dryer and one load on the line. 

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I wish I had a line to hang them on.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Nope, can't because most of us have allergies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaileighsMom608
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

YES!  I love it.  Especially the linens saves energy and everything smells like a summers day.  However I will not dry my towels on the line they dont get fluffy enough

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM

No, I have never line dried clothes outside.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM

We have city ordinances about yard and snow maintenance. If you don't keep your grass mowed, the City will send you a letter. If you ignore it, they'll mow your yard at a rate of around $300 an hour!

We can paint our house whatever color we want at least...LOL

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Oh yes! And when to cut your grass, to fix your mailbox, and what color you can paint your house. My HOA isn't bad at all but I have heard of some HOA's who do not allow commercial vehicles to be parked overnight in the driveway. They consider it advertising. LOL

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Really, an HOA can tell you not to use a clothesline? Holy crap!

I don't because I just never have...we have one and I've thought about it when i'm outside but forget when I'm doing laundry. I do have a line in our sunroom do hanging delicates to dry.

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM

yes  our HOA allows it because everyone must have a 8 ft fence.I love clothes that are hung out.In the summer from May till late Sept. stuff dries outside faster on sunny days than in the drier.

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Snow maintenance? What is that?

Quoting Barabell:

We have city ordinances about yard and snow maintenance. If you don't keep your grass mowed, the City will send you a letter. If you ignore it, they'll mow your yard at a rate of around $300 an hour!

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Oh yes! And when to cut your grass, to fix your mailbox, and what color you can paint your house. My HOA isn't bad at all but I have heard of some HOA's who do not allow commercial vehicles to be parked overnight in the driveway. They consider it advertising. LOL

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I don't because I just never have...we have one and I've thought about it when i'm outside but forget when I'm doing laundry. I do have a line in our sunroom do hanging delicates to dry.

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I did but no line here but my husband is putting one up this year because I love the smell of clothes dried on the line.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Making sure the sidewalks on the street are clear of snow. You can be fined if you don't shovel/snowblow the sidewalk and make it dangerous for people to walk down the street.

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Snow maintenance? What is that?

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN