Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

They will never be adults!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 19 Replies

That's what my dh said last night.  My dd and her best friend were talking last night and the friend asked my dd if she could go with her to Vegas for a karate tournament and I said NO. so they were talking and decided @ 19 they were going to go to Vegas together.  My dh chimed in and said no you wont, Your never allowed to go to Vegas. I pointed out that she will be an adult at some point. He decided she would not be. So I pointed out that in less than 4 years and closer to 3 she'll be moving out and hopefully living in connecticut or England. and he once again said Nope.  I thought I was having a hard time with them growing up but poor dh is in denial  lol

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM
LOL. We took our kids to Vegas when they were in grade school. Its not all bad. We took our dd last year for her 21st bday. He does know at 19 she could go. Vegas is really for the over 21 crowd and a tease for 19 yo's. Still plenty to do other than gambling and drinking. We say we are glad our girls are growing up. One is 19 and other will be 22 in May.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

My hubby would be content to have one massive house and have no one move out ever. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM

LOL, that's sweet.

WandaSue
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM

so sweet!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM
What's wrong with Vegas? We would totally go to the karate tournament there! I'm taking my oldest DS and his best friend to an AnimeCon there in April. Both boys are 15yo.

Sure, some get crazy in Vegas but there are also tons of family friendly activities as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

This is why my dd is at odds with her dad right now. He does not want her to grow up. He even told her she was not allowed to go on a mission trip out of the country next year. He wants to smother her.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I always thought it was parents responsibility even from a young age to raise independent adults.

Quoting LuckyMom822:

This is why my dd is at odds with her dad right now. He does not want her to grow up. He even told her she was not allowed to go on a mission trip out of the country next year. He wants to smother her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by Missi on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Awww

MJP76
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM

You should tell them it's kinda pointless to go to Vegas when they are 19. We took a family trip to Vegas last winter, with my kids 9,14 and 18 at the time. The oldest was kinda bored, because he could do all the family things, but he couldn't do the adult things, he was left In The hotel room with grandma and younger kids while we did some adult activities. Like gambling and going to bars... Doing things that are "family related" in Vegas can get really expensive. We were there for 5 days and blew 7,000 dollars in the first 4. On the 5th day we just walked around so we had money to get back home..lol

gonecrazi
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

LOL... I am the one in denail here, dh can't wait for them to be grown.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)