Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Received a call for my 13 year old daughters teacher

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 12 Replies

My daughter Paige is snippy "very snippy" and she apearently told her teacher "no" she was not going to move to another computer because she was there first, she told her her model student was wrong and lieing and she refuses to give her whats she wants.  OMG was I hot! Paige is on her last leg with me, she is so head strong that when she got home from school she still would not give in. Paige is a busy body and that is not who I am and I struggle with that issue with Paige. I was so mad at her I said nothing and still today I am not responding to her. I don't get calls on her from school so I was about shocked when her teacher called, I thanked the teacher for calling and told her to address the issue as she felt fit I will back her up 100%. I refuse to listen to Paiges side of the story because she was disrespecting the teacher, I have taught my kids to stand up for themself but there is a right and wrong way to debate and disrespecting someone is "NOT" the right way!

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Does she get a consequence at home when in trouble at school? That might help reinforce that she needs to be respectful of all adults, even if she disagrees w/ them.

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree that disrespecting a teacher or anyone is wrong. However if the model student was pushing her around, I don't blame your dd for standing her ground no matter the cost. Telling a teacher no just because is disrespectful. Telling a teacher no because some other kid is lying to that teacher so she can get her way, well that deserves a high five and a cookie. I would have done the same thing when I wasa kid. I was laid back and rolled with the punches but when I felt an injustice, I stood up and spoke out about it very loudly!! 

Melissa_4
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM
3 moms liked this

Hmmm...is it just possible that your daughter was telling the truth - that she was there at that computer before the model student and shouldn't have to move?  Just because your daughter is headstrong doesn't mean she was lying.  She could have handled it better, but it doesn't mean she was completely wrong.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Well I would listen to her side of the story to find out what's going on and why she feels it is ok to talk to her teacher that way and then I would make a decision then.

nnmfam
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I would be all over my kid I had this with my youngest at the begining of the year. I would embarass the crap out of her make her email teacher torture for a teen and apologize also no electronics for a week, Oh and btw disrespectful people do nto sit at my dinner table they eat in there room alone with nothing ,

MrsBLB
by Missi on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Ugh...  this is a tough one.  Kids are so touchy.  I think I would listen to what she has to say, just to see if there is any remorse for her attitude.  I would prob give punishment at home if she is snippy with you about it.  Hang in there.

stressed-mom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Good luck sweetie u no what your going through i understand. My son is 11 n hes really actn out n sch, he lies, and gets very disrespectful. And its gotten with him where i dnt no if hes telln the truth r lien n wen hes mayb telln the truth he gets upset cause i dnt blieve him. Well anyway gd luck sweetie. Hold on lol thats what i tell myself. THESE KIDS R A RIDE BUT U LOVE THEM ,HUG THEM, AND TELL THEM U LOVE THEM NONE STOP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stressed-mom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Good luck sweetie u no what your going through i understand. My son is 11 n hes really actn out n sch, he lies, and gets very disrespectful. And its gotten with him where i dnt no if hes telln the truth r lien n wen hes mayb telln the truth he gets upset cause i dnt blieve him. Well anyway gd luck sweetie. Hold on lol thats what i tell myself. THESE KIDS R A RIDE BUT U LOVE THEM ,HUG THEM, AND TELL THEM U LOVE THEM NONE STOP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Quoting stressed-mom:

You sure do!

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Quoting fantasticfour:

Well I would listen to her side of the story to find out what's going on and why she feels it is ok to talk to her teacher that way and then I would make a decision then.

You always have to listen to their side of the story but what got me pissed is she is lacking respect and that is a no, no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)