Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Internet & cable tv

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 23 Replies

Do you have unlimited internet access or is it limited to 5mb or 10mb or what? We now have fiberoptic in our subdivision 'finally' & have decided to connect. I am just concerned that it won't be much faster, but then have heard it is & we haven't been able to watch utube, etc because it eats so much data. It is $75 rather than the $50 for 5mb. Is this normal? We had a limit but since more school work has to be done on line for our dd & in high school they will be accessing it even more for homework. Our cable tv package is $35 (no frills like HBO, etc) but lots of channels (over 100) cuz we bundled with internet which makes it cheaper. $110 total for cable & unlimited internet. That's not bad, do you think??

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Unlimited. I don't think we can get limited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vtmommyof2bratz
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:49 AM

thats not a bad price we get i think 20 mb and with all the people constantly online here it is not very fast - and with our cable to ( no hbo etc) it costs us $165 a month - we are looking into dropping cable and just getting the higher internet for $50 a month since no one even watches tv here 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I don't know how much we pay; we bundle cable and internet. I think it's unlimited, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know it's faster than the DSL my parents have.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM

We had Wildblue for internet (we don't get cable so everything is satelite). It was limited and a joke, we paid more then what I pay now for our unlimited. When our phone company started offering internet in our area I jumped on it and I paid to cancel our Wildblue account early.

Then we have Direct TV. Between that, which does have HBO and such, and internet we pay $180...I think.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:53 AM

The cable television isn't bad, but I have never heard of limiting data on the internet at home, just on devices like tablets and cell phones when you use the cell phone provider.  That's just weird and no I wouldn't pay that much because I pay about 70 bucks for unlimited everything on my phone and it comes with 200mb of high speed internet.

Are you sure that's mb and not gb?

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM
We have unlimited Internet. I didn't realize they still had data limits on internet
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momto2bys1grl
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM

We have dish for our satellite provider (no frills like HBO).  Our phone co is who we go through for internet which is DSL by us.  It's unlimited and we have a wireless router to boot.  I think we pay about $180 for satellite and phone/internet and it's a bundle deal.

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM

There is a limit?? Is this through a cell phone company? I have cable Internet and it is fast. I am pretty sure the cable is fiber optic and it is unlimited. Premium cable (with no hbo or Cinemax channels), high speed Internet, and phone for $150 a month.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
We pay $47/month for 3 MB cable internet. It's enough speed that three of us can be on at once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I have no idea!    We have a bundle package... cable, high speed internet (unlimited) and land line.   We pay $180 per month, which I think is ridiculous.   There are fees and taxes included.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN