Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I locked her in her room!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 31 Replies

My dd is locked in her room.  (not really locked in because she can unlock it  lol) But she has a total of 5 home works that are due in science tomorrow. the teacher gave them about a week to due all of the hw and she is not collecting them until tomorrow.  There is a lot of work each assignment is basically a paper about 6-7 pages.  So they do take her awhile.  She did 2 yesterday but has 3 to do today.  So i sent her to her room and handed over her books, a tablet in case she needs to look stuff up but doesn't have anything cool on it.  took her phone, mp3 player and there is no TV in there.   I gave her a chance to do them in the living room but there was to many distractions. I'm now a horribly mean mom because I've never had to do anything like this before for her but she left me no choice.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenniy
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM
lmao Wait, I mean bad mommy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Deshonsmommy
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Yes how dare you make her own up to her responsibilities!

countrygirl1234
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM

How old is she? You nip it in the butt now and i think it will save alot of heartache for you and for her in the end.

Msgme
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Quoting countrygirl1234:

How old is she? You nip it in the butt now and i think it will save alot of heartache for you and for her in the end.

14 and this is a relatively new behavior.   But she usually has other things going on that I won't let her do unless she does her work when she's suppose to, but For the next month or so she' has no after school activities so  nothing to loose so to speak.  She's not used to having me on her case. But she's also usually much better at doing what she has to do.

countrygirl1234
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting countrygirl1234:

14 and this is a relatively new behavior.   But she usually has other things going on that I won't let her do unless she does her work when she's suppose to, but For the next month or so she' has no after school activities so  nothing to loose so to speak.  She's not used to having me on her case. But she's also usually much better at doing what she has to do.

maybe she just has so much going on that she is getting tired out. I would closely monitor her for the next month when she doesn't have too much going on and see if her behavior changes.

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting countrygirl1234:

You. Me. Same boat. I think an alien came in my 14 yo dd's room and took her brain for testing. I hope they return it soon. Good luck!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM

She'll live and she'll have her homework done.

PurpleHazey
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Good old homework, gives the parents a break

Acid
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Any chance you'll be learning with her? Grammar and spelling seems to be needed.
Zamaria
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:51 PM
5 moms liked this
For all your grammar and spelling skills, it seems that someone forgot to teach you manners! How rude! Also, if you're going to criticize someone's grammar, you should make sure yours is correct. Otherwise you just look silly! Grammar and spelling are two things. Therefore, your sentence should read "Grammar and spelling seem to be needed." Seems is the singular form of the word.

Quoting Acid:

Any chance you'll be learning with her? Grammar and spelling seems to be needed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)