Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you do for your daughter's 16th?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

Those over the top parties you see on MTV aren't done around here for 16 year olds thank goodness! What is the norm where you are? She hasn't asked me for anything and it is next month.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OHgirlinCA
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

She was performing in a play on her 16th birthday, so a bunch of family members and friends came to watch it, and we went to a local pizza place afterwards for dinner and to celebrate her birthday. 

luckysevenwow
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are not party people, so it was at home with cake, ice cream and presents. Then they go and do something fun with their friends.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM
One had a luau party with her friend. One had a KY Derby party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyneedssleep
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:00 PM
We rented a limo for her and twenty friends to go to 6 different haunted houses!!! We had chick fil a cater and cake!!! It was a blast!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carmel63
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

My daughter was in Montreal playing in an international softball tournament.

katydon
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:40 AM

my daughter just went out with her friends. they went mini-golfing and got pizza. i had work so i couldn't really do anything for her. luckily her friends mom wanted to celebrate with her. she has all sons so she was so excited to buy pink and purple cupcakes with princesses on them for my daughter! 

bizzeemom2717
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM
My older 2 kids both chose cars for their 16th over big parties, so for my SD we had a beach party with about 50 friends down at the lake Hawaiian luau theme. For my DS we did something similar with friends down at the lake. I have a feeling my dd age 15 will opt for the car and smaller car as well. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM

My dd didn't want any type of sweet 16 party. We did what we always do in our family~ birthday person gets to pick where we go for dinner to celebrate  their day.

NYCitymomx3
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM

About a month ago I answered this question:

For my dd's Sweet 16 we rented a party bus for 6 hours for dd and 28 of her friends.  We filled it with balloons and catered it with Italian heros and chocolate covered strawberries.  It came with a $10K sound system and video screen (dd's friends made a video collage and filled  up 4 iPods with music).  They drove all over Manhattan and made stops in Times Square and the South Street Seaport.  My sister and her fiance chaperoned (she's a lot younger and cooler than I am, lol).  

Everyone wore black & white.  Dd wore a gorgeous red satin dress and tiara.  The invitations were black & white with a red satin bow tied into each one.  

Everything we bought and did for this party came out to less than $2000.   Dd's friends said it was the best party ever and many chose a party bus for their party as well. 

Here's the link to that thread for some more ideas.

Msgme
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM

My dd is only 14 so we have some time.  But I so want do this for her when she turns 16.  When you first posted it I was like yest thats what we are doing. She's told all of her friends and they are super excited for her 16th B-day. 

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

About a month ago I answered this question:

For my dd's Sweet 16 we rented a party bus for 6 hours for dd and 28 of her friends.  We filled it with balloons and catered it with Italian heros and chocolate covered strawberries.  It came with a $10K sound system and video screen (dd's friends made a video collage and filled  up 4 iPods with music).  They drove all over Manhattan and made stops in Times Square and the South Street Seaport.  My sister and her fiance chaperoned (she's a lot younger and cooler than I am, lol).  

Everyone wore black & white.  Dd wore a gorgeous red satin dress and tiara.  The invitations were black & white with a red satin bow tied into each one.  

Everything we bought and did for this party came out to less than $2000.   Dd's friends said it was the best party ever and many chose a party bus for their party as well. 

Here's the link to that thread for some more ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)