Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen girls are just so mean

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 18 Replies
Yesterday my daughter's friend, got voted May Queen. My daughter voted for her even though another didn't because she didn't think the friend would win. The friend who won, her boyfriend also got May King.
Well these other girls decided to try to goad her into a fight because they didn't like that she had won. This is not a bad girl, she's really nice, not stuck up at all. She ended up going to the office in tears and going home.
I asked my daughter why the girls were mad. It seems that the girl who won used to be "popular" but when she started "dating" the May King she became unpopular.
Obviously she must still be popular since she won.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Are you kidding?? That is just horrible. I know teen girls can be mean. My dd has told me things that a couple of girls have said to her and her friends. The two groups of friends hate each other. I'm sure my DD has said hateful and mean things to them as well so she isn't innocent either. I hope one day all the girls will get along but I doubt that will happen. There were a couple of girls in high school I did not get along with. To this day, I still don't like them.

nsparky1964
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Last year I met with my sd17 vice principle regarding grads and some other issues..the principle tole me that my SD is so mean that the mean girls don't like her...when I've tried? To talk to her about her behavior and how she is perceived, she shrugged her shoulders and said oh well...now she wondering why on the weekends she's sitting at home BC no one wants to hang with her....and no, she hasn't changed, at all....
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Our most " popular" girl in high school from Frosh to Sr. Year was a young lady who could and WOULD. speak to any student, whether the mechanics, cosmotology, woodworking, alleged stoners, theatre/art, choir.... Everyone. As far as I know, she was never a " mean girl", although there was jealousy ....however more admiration was given simply because she'd just smile and go be with a different group for awhile.

I'm sorry your dd's friend was bullied, but she is definitely in the position to give the proverbial finger and she rides her convertable the track or whatever ....seems she raised her bf up a "status" instead of the other way around.

I hate cliques
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CaileighsMom608
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

There is this one that was horrible to be in high school especially in gym class.  NOW 15 years later we arent friends but see each other at our kids sporting events and she smiles at me as if nothing happened.  I know that I need to let it go but I would love to kick her ass once to get some closure...hehehe

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Are you kidding?? That is just horrible. I know teen girls can be mean. My dd has told me things that a couple of girls have said to her and her friends. The two groups of friends hate each other. I'm sure my DD has said hateful and mean things to them as well so she isn't innocent either. I hope one day all the girls will get along but I doubt that will happen. There were a couple of girls in high school I did not get along with. To this day, I still don't like them.

luckysevenwow
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Girls can be particularly mean, nothing has ever really changed and probably never will.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Girls can be particularly mean, nothing has ever really changed and probably never will.

I agree.   I think of girls as cats and boys as dogs.    Piss off a dog and they will bite you and then turn around and be your buddy again.... just like boys.  Boys can get mad, fight/argue, then be best buds again in the same day.        Piss off a cat.... and they will plot their revenge..... just like girls.

luckysevenwow
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Haha so true! My boys were that way, my girls, well.....yeah, we're like the cats lol

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I agree.   I think of girls as cats and boys as dogs.    Piss off a dog and they will bite you and then turn around and be your buddy again.... just like boys.  Boys can get mad, fight/argue, then be best buds again in the same day.        Piss off a cat.... and they will plot their revenge..... just like girls.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Haha so true! My boys were that way, my girls, well.....yeah, we're like the cats lol

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Right?  I have 4 sisters ....... we still have drama and we are in our 40's & 50's.   I ran a daycare for many years...children under the age of 10.  The girls drove me batty!  They would argue, cry, try to get the other kids to side with them....just drama.    The boys?  They just don't have the attention spans to stay mad for that long. lol

luckysevenwow
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
My sister and I were vicious to one another when we were younger. Thankfully we did outgrow it lol

My girls will be all fun and playful one moment and then two seconds later the claws are out because one o them dared to breath. They've gotten a little better with age, but only a little.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Right?  I have 4 sisters ....... we still have drama and we are in our 40's & 50's.   I ran a daycare for many years...children under the age of 10.  The girls drove me batty!  They would argue, cry, try to get the other kids to side with them....just drama.    The boys?  They just don't have the attention spans to stay mad for that long. lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I agree with this. It's a shame too, most of the time is starts long before they are in high school too.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)