Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Residential Education Programs for At-Risk Teens

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello sisters.
I was doing many internet searches to find assistance with my kid. Many of these programs are all-expenses paid for the economically disadvantaged youth. Click on the website and go to "Members" for a list of residential education opportunities.

Where others see disadvantage, we see a child with a future.

CORE is the national nonprofit organization promoting and strengthening residential education programs for economically and socially disadvantaged youth.
photophotophotophoto
<< PreviousNext >>

Success Stories

News & Updates

Profiles

© 2009 - 2012 CORE ~ Coalition for Residential Education.   All rights reserved.   Site Map   Powered by WordPress   Subscribe

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ashleighmama
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I applaud you for seeking help for your child, but PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD OF ANY AGE TO A WWASP PROGRAM. I was in one when I was 17 until 18. No good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:44 PM

WWASPS has faced widespread allegations of physical and psychological abuse of the teenagers sent into its programs,[2] resulting in a lawsuit filed against the organization in 2006

Thanks for the FYI (for your info.)! Above is the research I have found on this organization. I am sorry that it was not a good experience for you and the many families whom had kids there. Some people like to use people's weaknesses against them so they can exploit them.

I know not everywhere is the same but I am at my wits ends. It is hard when my health is once again like a seesaw. Some days I feel like I am falling to pieces. Sigh.

Quoting ashleighmama:

I applaud you for seeking help for your child, but PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD OF ANY AGE TO A WWASP PROGRAM. I was in one when I was 17 until 18. No good.

ashleighmama
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Im so sorry youre going through all this, with your health and your child. I dont blame you for wanting him in residential treatment if its that bad, I just had to put my warning out there. I will look at this core program. Not all places are bad, I was in Provo Canyon School in Utah, Im now 41, and me and my parents were SO misled about that place. I was basically just a severely depressed teen, no trouble with the law or drinking or drugs. I went to the school willingly, not many did, but they made it look and sound FUN, like an elite boarding school. What a crock of shit! I wish you and your family the best! Hugs mama!

Quoting queensweet:

WWASPS has faced widespread allegations of physical and psychological abuse of the teenagers sent into its programs,[2] resulting in a lawsuit filed against the organization in 2006

Thanks for the FYI (for your info.)! Above is the research I have found on this organization. I am sorry that it was not a good experience for you and the many families whom had kids there. Some people like to use people's weaknesses against them so they can exploit them.

I know not everywhere is the same but I am at my wits ends. It is hard when my health is once again like a seesaw. Some days I feel like I am falling to pieces. Sigh.

Quoting ashleighmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)