Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do we do?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 27 Replies
My son got a D in algebra, he cannot have his cell phone if he has below a c. So my dh went and asked himfor the phone and my son refused to give it to him. My husband when to look for it and my son attacked him. They started wrestling, my husband trying to get the phone and my son got away and ran out the door and took off down the street. My husband locked the door and is getting ready for bed. I just dont know what to do. It is cold and he is out there in a t shirt and pajama pants. uggggg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Make your husband get his happy ass in the car and go look for him.

JenniferSq
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM
He wont, dh said he will come home or crash at a friends house. All his stuff is here, so he has to come back at some point. I see him on twitter, he says he is at a friends house. I thought we were pastcthis bs with him. I am pissed and sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM
4 moms liked this

Call the phone company and disconnect his phone!    I am sorry you are going through this, but consider yourself lucky..... If one of our sons ever dared to attack their Dad, they would find themselves in a heap on the ground very quickly.     I don't blame your Dh for not going out looking for him....  I wouldn't.

When he does decide to return home, he would find his stuff gone.   His room would have a mattress and some clothes and a lamp.   The door would be removed, as well.   

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:42 PM
How old is your son?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM
He ran away though, it sounds like you have been through before, it's cold outside? Good, natural consequences, it will get cold and he will come home. I'm sorry hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sabrtooth1
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

"Tweet" your son, and tell him he has 5 minutes to get his ass home, or you will call the police, and report him as a runaway.  AND DO IT.  *IF* your son comes home, tell him all the fun stuff is GONE.  No phone, Ipod, Ipad laptop, kindle, xbox, pocket money, car to use, clothes from anywhere except Goodwill.  Tell him if he doesn't like your rules, and raises even a FINGER to anyone in the house, you will call DCFS, and he can spend the rest of his teen years in Juvie.  Your son disrespects you and your husband, and you allow it.  Time to grow a spine.

lamoreux
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Your the parent if u don't stand up as a parent your son will push and push and push be stuff it doesn't mean u don't love him u are just demanding respect go to the extreme and make him realize this won't be tolerated he will either learn and respect u and keep his grades up or he will have nothing stay strong it will b worth it
bluelola
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Call the phone company and disconnect his phone!    I am sorry you are going through this, but consider yourself lucky..... If one of our sons ever dared to attack their Dad, they would find themselves in a heap on the ground very quickly.     I don't blame your Dh for not going out looking for him....  I wouldn't.

When he does decide to return home, he would find his stuff gone.   His room would have a mattress and some clothes and a lamp.   The door would be removed, as well.   

Seriously??  I would go and look for my kid..... so would my DH no matter what transpired before.  I would certainly not be happy about his behaviour, but I wouldn't leave him out there. And yes, the cell phone would be gone or disconnected.  

BelleVernonGirl
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:02 AM

I'd have the phone turned off but I wouldn't go look for him...hope he likes being cold...

JenniferSq
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:03 AM
I am not sure I can disconnect his phone, it is a prepay. He wanted a smart phone so we told him he would have to pay for it himself, we had provided and paid for a basic phone. So he bought a Virgin Mobile phone, and he thinks since he paid for it, with the allowence that he saved, we can't take it from him for poor grades. He is 16, we can take it. He stayed at a friends last night, is he doesnt go to school I am going to report him to the police as a runaway and let the school know what is going on. I have the door locked so he can't come in without an apology and permission. We will see how long this lasts. He has no clothes, shoes or money. And we live in a rural area. Oh and he is supposed to work this afternoon but his work clothes are here. I have no qualms about calling his boss and telling him to hire someone else. It's going to be a great day :-\

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I'd have the phone turned off but I wouldn't go look for him...hope he likes being cold...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)