Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He failed 3 classes

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:44 AM
  • 9 Replies

Talking to his teachers last night it was like they were talking about different kids. He failed 3 classes.  Italian because he didn't do a project.  He said he didn't think he had to since she gave the assignment last semester and he started this semester off in a different class.   He was switched to her class about a month ago.  Which is true but he had time to complete the assignment after he switched to her class.

Science he was doing great up until a cpl weeks ago.  He had an 84 in her class but got lazy and was screwing up on the weekly quizzes she gives and it dropped his grade to a 55.

Gym he just wasn't getting changed enough.   whenever he didn't feel like lifting weights he just didn't change into gym clothes.

his other classes they said things like He's doing great, a  hard worker no bs. just does his work, participates etc....  His social studies teacher said he was recommending my son for an accelerated SS class next term.  Math which is the only class he truly has trouble in with understanding the work said he was trying really hard and his grades keep improving

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Check up on him every night with homework. Contact teachers weekly until he improves. He sounds like he is just lazy and not trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Not that this is an excuse but how does your son realte to the personalities of the teachers in the classes that he is failing?  I have a similar conference experience with my oldest daughter.  I finally realized that if the teacher has an engaging personality and my child respects the teacher her grades reflect it.  We have been working on getting her to perform well in the classes that don't have "engaging" teachers.  we've pointed out that she isn't harming the teacher by doing poorly, she's only harming herself.  I think the message is finally starting to get through to her!   Good Luck!

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM

At least it sounds like he can catch up in Italian and hopefully science. Did you find out why he started goofing off in science and gym?

CaileighsMom608
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM

i think our boys may have been seperated at birth

SAMI_JO
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Does your schools of STI available? do you check it?

MrsBLB
by Missi on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I hope he can pull them up.  Do you know why he's doing this?

MrsBLB
by Missi on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Hugs

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

LAL/English 1   LAZY DOES TURN IN HOMEWORk57.13/ 57

World History Cultures      LAZY DOES TURN IN HOMEWORk86.75/ 87

Algebra 1        LAZY DOES TURN IN HOMEWORk73.92/ 74

Environmental Science Lab     GOT A C+ ON HIS LAST TEST GRADE WAS 9487.63/ 88

Italian 1  LAZY DOES TURN IN HOMEWORk77.75/ 78

Exploratory Art  ART PROJECT WAS TAKEN....RECEIVED 3/4 CREDIT :-(90.00/ 90

Health Education 998.29/ 98

CaileighsMom608
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:40 PM

whats STI?

Quoting SAMI_JO:

Does your schools of STI available? do you check it?

SAMI_JO
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:45 PM
It stands for student transcript information.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)